For swim meets to run smoothly, many volunteers are needed. Our team needs help from every family to have a successful season. Therefore, VOLUNTEERING IS MANDATORY. Each family is responsible to work 3 volunteer shifts per season. There are many different volunteer jobs for you to choose from so be sure to check out all the descriptions to find one that works for you. Thank you in advance for your help in making this a great season!
Volunteer sign-ups will be done online once you have completed your registration and your account has been made active (this will take about a week). If you are unable to work a volunteer job you have signed up for, please find a substitute to fill your shift and let the Volunteer Coordinator know. If you have any questions regarding volunteer jobs, please ask a Board Member.
Volunteer Jobs and Descriptions
• Timers: You will be running a stopwatch for each event. You will be seated near the blocks at the edge of the pool. We need 8 timers for each meet.
• Recorders: After each event, you will write the swimmers’ numbers and times on the lane slip. You will be seated near the blocks at the edge of the pool. We need 4 recorders for each meet.
• Stroke & Turn Judges: You will be responsible for watching the swimmer's strokes and kicks for disqualifications at meets. Training will be provided. Please see a Board Member if you are interested in this position. We need 2 Stroke & Turn Judges for each meet.
• Head Timer: Operate 2 back-up timers in case a lane timer’s watch isn’t working. You will be seated near the timers at the computer table. We need 1 Head Timer at each home meet.
• Runners: Your will be picking up completed lane slips from the recorders and taking them to the computer table. Be sure to wear appropriate shoes as you will be walking on the wet deck behind the blocks. We need 1 runner at each home meet.
• Snack Bar: You will be setting and cleaning up the concession stand, selling items, preparing food, and making change. We need 5 people to work the snack bar at each home meet.
• Hospitality Helpers: You will be assisting the Hospitality Coordinator in preparing and distributing food and waters to the coaches and volunteers. We need 2 helpers for each home meet.
• Ribbon Helper: You will be placing stickers on individual ribbons and organizing/sorting them during the swim meet. You will be working at the ribbon table next to the computer table. We need 2 people to help with ribbons at each home meet.
• Announcer: You will be using the PA system to make announcements to the swimmers and spectators. You will be working at the computer table. Please see a Board Member if you are interested in this position.
• Starter: You will be responsible for running the meet, starting the events and combining events as needed. You will be working near the computer table. Please see a Board Member if you are interested in this position.
• Computer Assistants: You will be running the scoreboard and the Colorado system at home meets. We need 2 assistants for each home meet.
• Towels: At the end of each home meet you will take home and launder the towels used on the starting blocks. Towels will need to be brought back to the next practice. We need 1 position for each home meet.
• Recycle: At the end of each home meet, you will collect all the recyclables. You will take them to a recycling facility and bring the money to the treasurer at the next practice. We need 1 position for each home meet.
• Floaters: You will report to each home meet and work in any area that is in need. Needs will be determined by the Board or Volunteer Coordinator. We need 2 floaters for each home meet.
Coordinator positions will be in effect for the entire swim season. Accepting one of these positions will fill your volunteer requirement for the season. These positions will work closely with the Board.
• Snack Bar Coordinator: You will be responsible for planning concessions menus, arranging purchase of concession items, overseeing the set-up, clean-up and running of the snack bar during home meets.
• Ribbon Coordinator: You will be responsible for managing ribbon inventory, working at home meets to prepare ribbons, and organizing ribbons from home and away meets into swimmer’s folders for pick up.
• Hospitality Coordinator: You will be responsible for planning and organizing hospitality food for volunteers and coaches including planning the menu, arranging for purchases, setting up and cleaning up the hospitality area, and coordinating the hospitality helpers at each home meet.
• Head Computer Coordinator: You will be responsible for communicating swim rosters, relay participant information and swimmer’s events to our team and opposing teams. You will generate labels for ribbons during the meet.
• Volunteer Coordinator: You will be responsible ensuring all volunteer positions are filled for meets, signing volunteer in and out, and tracking volunteer shifts.
• Special Events Coordinator: You will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing special events throughout the season, i.e. end of season party, special incentive events, etc.