New Family Information
New athletes do not need to be proficient swimmers however, they do need to know some basic skills:
- Swimmer must live in or attend school in Irvine.
- Swimmers must be age 5 by June 1st.
- Swimmers should not be afraid of the water.
- Swimmers should be able to stand on the deep end side of the pool, jump in and swim to the side unaided.
- Swimmers should be able to float on their stomach and their back.
- Swimmers should be able to propel themselves forward, unaided, for a distance of at least 5 meters.
Important 2021 Dates
- Thursday, May 13th at 7:00pm - Parent Information Meeting on Zoom - The board will review all important information and be available for questions. Meeting zoom details will be emailed to all registered parents and posted on social media. Meeting subject to change dates to be closer to the start of our season to ensure accurate info in regards to current COVID protocols.
- Monday, June 7th - First swim practice.
- All weekdays between 2pm and 7pm - Click here for the most updated Swim Practice Schedule.
- Friday, August 13th - Last day of practice.
- Saturdays - The current swim meet schedule as well as other important event dates will be posted on the Events tab as soon as they are available from ISL.
As a courtesy to our neighbors, please park at Venado Middle School and walk to the Junior Olympic Pool adjacent to Rock Springs Park for practices and meets. Please do not park in the neighborhood streets that flank the pool.
Please read the "Volunteer" tab for these requirements.
Swimmer Schedules & Costs
Please read the "About Us" tab for details practice/meet schedules as well as fees and deposits.
Meets are held on Saturdays per our ISL schedule where swimmers are grouped to compete by age as of June 1st: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 & 15-18. Meet structure follows industry standards: Medley Relay, Butterfly, Back, Individual Medley (9-10 and older), Breast, Freestyle, Freestyle Relay. Ages 5-8 year olds swim 25 yard races and 9-18 years old swim 50 yard races.
Parent Meeting Presentation
A link to the Parent Meeting Presentation will be posted here for your reference after the meeting concludes.