New Family Information
- Swimmer Eligibility: New swimmers do not need to be proficient swimmers to join the Bluefins. However, they do need to know some basic skills:
- Swimmers should not be afraid of the water. They should be able to stand on the side of the pool, jump in the deep end, and swim to the side unaided.
- Swimmers should be able to float on their stomach and their back.
- Swimmers should be able to propel themselves forward, unaided for a distance of at least 5 meters.
- The Bluefins Registration Fees are $265 per swimmer.
- The ISL Registration Fees are $50 per swimmer and is included in the registration fee.
- If you resign from the team and request a refund before June 1st, your Bluefins fees may be refunded. You will be referred to the Bluefins Treasurer for refund determinations. If you request a refund from ISL before June 1st, the refund will be $50. After 6/1 ISL will not grant any refunds. Please refer to their website http://www.irvineswimleague.org/
- If you are droping of Checks or Residency Verification Documentation, There is a secure dropbox for Documentation located at, 28 Blazing Star, Irvine, CA 92604. Box is monitored by Camera.
- The first swim practice is Tuesday, May 28th. Practices are held at the Deerfield Junior Olympic Pool across the street from Venado Middle School on Deerfield Avenue.
- The current swim meet schedule as well as other important event dates are posted on the Bluefins website: www.DeerfieldBluefins.com
- We will go over all the important information and be available for questions at the Parent Meeting on May 9th at 7:00pm at the Deerfield Community Center (55 Deerwood W, Irvine, CA 92604)
Parking and Volunteers
- The Bluefins and all ISL teams are volunteer-run. Each enrolling family is required to sign up for 7 jobs throughout the season. Families must sign a Commitment Letter to complete the 7 jobs along with remitting a deposit check for $100 payable to Deerfield Bluefins. If the 7 job requirement is met, this $100 check is shredded, otherwise it is cashed. Families will be notified by August 22nd 2019 or sooner as to the status of their deposit check. It is each family’s responsibility to check in with the volunteer coordinator, Jay Yomogida at firstname.lastname@example.org throughout the season to make sure they will meet their job requirements. There are many jobs to choose from and they will be discussed at the Parent Meeting where you will have an opportunity to ask questions.
- As a courtesy to our neighbors, please park at Venado Middle School and walk to the Junior Olympic Pool for practices and meets. Please do not park in the neighborhood streets that flank the pool
Parent Meeting Presentation
- Here is a link to the Parent Meeting Presentation If you missed being able to come to our meeting.
- LINK ME