Glenbrook Swim Club (GSC) offers training and practice groups for swimmers of all ages and ability levels. At GSC we place a strong emphasis on technique basics, creating a positive and fun learning environment, encouraging a growth mindset, and embracing a work ethic that comes from within and from the desire to achieve one’s goals. The goal of our coaches will be to not only develop successful swimmers, but to encourage strong values and grow mature responsible individuals.
Click Here to send us an email request for more information.
Wonder & Mighty Groups
These are our entry level groups. We have 5 sub-groups within these two groups.
- Wonder 8&U - 1
- Wonder 10&U - 2
- Mighty 10&U - 1
- Mighty 10&U - 2
- Mighty 10&U - 3
- Grow through fun, friendship and love of the water and swimming
- Emphasis on developing great technique and comfort in the water
- Results and championships are welcomed, but for most, will come later
Must compete in novice, dual and home meets offered. More competitions are strongly encouraged for the Mighty groups.
- Attendance expectations are minimum 50%.
Wonder/Mighty Group Lead Coach: Jody Nolan
Rise 11-12/Energy 12 & Under
These are our early intermediate age groups with paths for both those new and developing in the sport, and those already familiar with competitive swimming. Swimmers here will have a good grasp on all four competitive strokes and show a desire to compete in the sport of swimming. We have 6 sub-groups within these two groups.
- Rise 11-12 - 1
- Rise 11-12 - 2
- Energy 12&U - 1
- Energy 12&U - 2
- Energy 12&U - 3
- Continued emphasis on growth through fun, friendship and love of the water and swimming
- Efforts will focus on creating a growth mindset
- Look not just at results, but at the process we need to apply to reach those results
- Encourage our swimmers to see the possibilities they have within themselves and to create pathways that will lead to their eventual success
- Step into greater levels of challenge and grow the personal strength and work ethic needed to be successful
- Work together to develop the personal responsibility it takes to reach our swimming goals
MUST compete in competitions and qualified championship meets offered throughout the season.
- Attendance expectation is minimum 60%
Rise/Energy Lead Group Coach: Samantha D'Andrea
Tenacious 14 & Under
This is a continuation of our intermediate competitive age group, again with paths for both those new and developing in the sport, and those already fully comfortable with competitive swimming. Swimmers here will be fully proficient in all four competitive strokes and show a desire to compete in the sport of swimming. We have 4 sub-groups within the Energy Group.
- Tenacious 14&U - 1
- Tenacious 14&U - 2
- Tenacious 14&U – 3
Philosophy continues on the same path as the Rise & Energy groups
Tenacious Lead Group Coach: Mike Patrick
Respect 15& Over
This is the top level for our swimmers. Swimmers here will have the opportunity to compete in top-level meets against the best swimmers in the area and country. Swimmers in these groups are expected to take charge of their own swimming success and to be aware that their results are a direct result of their effort. We have 5 sub-groups within the Respect Group.
- Respect 15&O - Black
- Respect 15&O - White
- Respect 15&O - Green
- Respect 15&O - Blue
- Respect 15&O - Yellow
1. Continue our growth mindset with an emphasis on swimming in high school and college
2. Remember and return to the basics of stroke technique frequently
3. Embrace the self-motivation, discipline, and work ethic required to fulfill our challenges
4. Work together as a team, supporting and encouraging one another
5. Expand our dedication to the sport through support of our younger swimmers and the surrounding community
6. MUST compete in all coach required meets including championship meets.
Respect Lead Group Coach: Steve Iida