Welcome to Kansas City Infant Aquatics -
Survival Swimming Lessons
for ages 6 months - 4 years (and up)
What is survival swimming?
The ability of a baby to float and breathe, regardless of the water's depth, regardless of the water's depth, for an indefinite period of time
The most essential survival swimming skill we will teach your child is to roll from a face-down position in the water to a face-up independent back float. Infants and toddlers cannot raise their heads to take a breath. If your child falls face down into the water, knowing how to roll onto a face-up back float can save a life! If your baby is walking, then he/she can also learn to swim to the pool edge or steps, rolling over to breathe whenever air is needed.
Take control, not chances. It's not about being comfortable in the water, it's being able to swim and survive. Empower your child with the skills needed to safely enjoy the water!
Why infant aquatics?
Teach your baby or toddler to rescue themselves in an aquatic emergency. Children are naturally drawn to pools, hot tubs, lakes, ponds, streams, reservoirs, and beaches. Despite a parent's best efforts at supervision, it only takes one head turn before an accident has occurred.
Reasons to get started:
- You want your child to learn to swim and float in weeks, not years.
- You or your extended family live or vacation around backyards pools or natural bodies of water.
- You enjoy swimming and want your child to enjoy it as well.
- You would rather take control of your child's safety than take chances.
1. New students -
- Non-walking infants will be taught to roll from a face-down postition in the water to a face-up independent back float.
15 minutes a day, 4 days a week (Mondays through Thursdays), for 4 weeks.
- Children who are walking (usually around one year of at to 4+) will learn to swim to the pool edge or steps, rolling over to breathe whenever air is needed.
15 minutes a day, 4 days a week (Mondays through Thursdays), for 6 weeks
Please note that you do not need to do the 4 week program before the 6 week program if your child is already walking.
2. Refresher classes for children who have finished their Infant Aquatics 4 or 6 week program (see #1 above). Refreshers are 15 minute private lessons and are scheduled in 4 week increments.
Why are your lessons more expensive than others?
Actually, they aren't. Keep in mind that you are buying private lessons for your child. Instead of your child being one of many, depending on the student/teacher ratio, our lessons are one-on-one with your child. In just one session, your child will have a fighting chance survive an aquatic accident, along with the fundamental skills to safely enjoy the water. We encourage you to shop around, but compare the results achieved and the time frame involved, as much as pricing.
How do I enroll or find out more information?
Contact Suzanne at email@example.com.