Our sport programs offer a fun and unique aspect to youth development. The leagues will offer a mix of fun,instruction, skills and drills that have been proven successful. These co-ed leagues will require parental volunteers in helping run drills and games.
Youth Basketball League (Ages 5-12.5)
Now associated with the Jr. NBA! This coed league runs for 15 weeks from November to February. We use USA Youth Basketball Guidelines for our rules. We focus on developing skills and physical fitness with practical learning in a game setting.
Winter League | November 10 - February 16
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE — October 27
Spring League | March 9 - June 15
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE — February 23
Basic YBL Information
- Coed, all abilities and skill levels welcome
- Ages 5-12.5, see back panel for age range/grade scale (5 year olds must be enrolled in kindergarten)
- This is first and foremost an instructional league, the main focus of practice, drills, and games will be on skill development
- Children will be split into three divisions—Grades K-1 | 2-3 | 4-6
- All games are played on Saturdays and are played with Jr. NBA rules, guidelines, and standards. See the rule book for a complete listing of all of the rules
- All participants, coaches, parents, and guardians will be held to the OCYs code of conduct available on our website
Register at your local Old Colony YMCA Branch or online!
THE JR. NBA, NBA, AND NBA PROPERTIES DO NOT IN ANY WAY CONTROL OR OPERATE THE ACTIVITIES OF ANY JR. NBA LEAGUE OR TEAM