The Dalles Swim Team (TDST) was formed in 1955 by Ted Walker, who came to The Dalles as a swimming instructor and started the swim team. He was instrumental in the construction of The Dalles Natatorium, the local swimming pool, and in 1993 the pool was renamed in his honor. Today, we call our annual summer swim meet the “Ted Walker Invitational”.
TDST strives to carry on the spirit and tradition created by Ted Walker. The Dalles Swim Team is an Oregon Nonprofit Corporation (501(c)(3)). If a child is a registered swimmer, then the parents become members of this corporation.
Copies of the bylaws can be obtained upon written request to the TDST Board of Directors
CONTACT US AT:
The Dalles Swim Team
PO Box 157
The Dalles, OR 97058
- Summer Head Coach - Derek Shortt
- Summer Assistant Coach - Abigail Timmons, Bri Stavaas-Jamack
- Summer Support Coaching Staff - Pat Shortt, Ann Goodman
- Winter Head Coach – Ann Goodman
- Winter Assistant Coach - TBD
TDST Board of Directors
The Dalles Swim Team Board of Directors meets monthly depending on availability. Swim families will be notified of open meetings via email address provided at registration at least two days prior to meeting.
- President – Charles McCartney
- Vice President -
- Treasurer – Autumn Randall
- Secretary – Chris Marlinga
- Members at Large - Amie DiGennaro, Erin Dray, Erin Ford, Nathan Parker, Amy Webber, Amber Wilson
- Meet Director – Solea Kabakov
- Meet Support - Traci Waddington