Professional Development Grant
2020 BCSCA Professional Development Grant
The purpose of the BCSCA Professional Development Grant is to assist coaches financially with their continued professional development opportunities.
- Be a coach/member in good standing with Swim BC, CSCTA, and Swimming Canada.
- Currently coaching with a Swim BC registered club which must be a participant in the provincial program and have a representative from their club attend the BCSCA Conference on an annual basis.
Applications are reviewed and will be assessed based on their individual merit.
- Priority will be given to innovative and creative projects that indicate initiative on part of the applicant.
- Grants will be awarded in amounts of $500 or $1000 depending on the opportunity and need. ($5000 total available)
- FIRST DEADLINE: Applications can be submitted up until December 15, 2019 after which applications will be reviewed by the BCSCA Board and grant funding will be awarded.
- SECOND DEADLINE: If any funds remain for the season, applications can be submitted up until April 1, 2020 after which the remaining projects will be assessed by the BCSCA Board.
- Coaches are encouraged to submit proposals at the first deadline to ensure funding is available; all funds may be awarded after the first deadline.
This process will be followed so the BCSCA can deal with applications in a fair, equitable and efficient manner.
- Applications must be completed and submitted via email to email@example.com
- The BCSCA Board will review all applications.
- Decisions on applications will be communicated directly to the coach.
Reporting and Commitment to the Program
A successful applicant shall submit a report to the BCSCA within 14 days of the completion date of the project. This report should include:
- A description of the outcome of the project.
- An evaluation of the success of the project in relation to its objectives.
- The report from the successful applicant will be posted to the BCSCA website – additionally, the coach may be requested to present at the 2020 BCSCA Conference or other coach information sessions
A complete set of financial statements of all income and expenses associated with the project must be submitted within 30 days of the completion of the project.
- Auditing of financial expenditures may also be requested.
- Any funding not utilized for the project stated on the application shall be returned to the BCSCA within 60 days of the completion date of the project.