2020 Parent Obligations
The MCC Waves Swim Team depends on our coaches, swimmers, and parents working together for a successful summer. Parent volunteers are critical to both meets and social activities. We thank everyone for their collective contribution of time and energy to the team in 2020 –the team truly could not exist without it!
PARENT OBLIGATIONS: Each obligation -- whether meet or social -- roughly corresponds to a four-hour work shift.
Regular Season: Families with one or more competitive swimmer are required to work at 4 meets and 2 social events. Microwave parents are not required to sign up for work duties, unless your child plans to attend an event, then you are required to work THAT event. Parents of 15-18 swimmers are exempt from work duties.
OMPA: In addition to these regular season obligations, families with swimmers in the OMPA are required to do one OMPA work obligation during the OMPA meet. Families with 15&up swimmers only have no regular season obligations but are still required to fulfill the OMPA obligations. OMPA work duties will be assigned in July.
Sign-ups for Obligations: Sign-ups for obligations will be done through the MCC Swim Team website. Sign-ups are on first come, first serve basis. Once the registration process has been activated, use the following procedure to sign up for obligations:
- Sign in to the team website.
- Choose the "Meets & Social Events" Button at the right of the homepage
- Choose the event for which you would like to volunteer.
- Choose the "Job Sign-Up" button
- Carefully follow the written instructions at the top of the page to select a job. Please include your email and your cell phone number when signing up. Do not forget to click the green signup button and to record your choice.
- Please make a note of the events/jobs for your records. You can now do a search for the job sign-ups associated with your account -- go to "Events", "Reports" and "Job Sign-Up Reports for My Account".
Times listed are approximations and may not take into account time spent outside the actual event. Check with the meet director or person heading the event for questions regarding responsibilities
PARENT OBLIGATION AGREEMENT:
- In order to receive credit you may not leave until your shift has been completed.
- Swimmers will not be eligible to swim unless their parents have signed-up for their work obligations. If you do not sign up for the required amount of obligations, they will be assigned to you.
- Anyone who no-shows for an obligation will be fined $100 AND be required to pay the $60 sub fee for their replacement. Please help our swimmers stay committed by keeping your commitments to the team.
- If you are unable to work your obligation, you may hire a substitute or trade with another person in advance of the event, however, the responsibility for the shift remains yours – you will be penalized if your sub/trade is a no-show. (See Hiring a Substitute below for details.)
- You are responsible for informing the Meet Director that you will be using a substitute and providing them with the substitute’s name, phone and email address.
Hiring a Substitute: A list of substitutes is posted on the Website (click “Sub List”). You must use a sub from the approved list. If you have a questions about hiring a sub, please contact the Swim Chairperon.
- Approved paid substitutes (subs) can be hired for supervised meet-related positions only as specified in the job description. Substitutes cannot be hired for social obligations although you are welcome to trade with another swimteam parent.
- All substitutes must be at least 16-years-old and on the approved list.
- Substitutes can only charge $60 per obligation. Please report any substitute who attempts to violate this rule. If the substitute does not show or does not complete their shift you are liable for the $100 no-show penalty plus the cost of hiring another substitute if that becomes necessary.