Year Round Swimming Coach Job Description
Bakersfield Aquatics Club is a year round swim club seeking a coach to begin on deck on May 1, 2019. All practices are held at Bakersfield College. Coach will be required to complete all background checks, training and paperwork prior to first day of work. Hours may vary, but practices generally run Monday-Thursday between 4-8 and Saturdays 9-11am (TBD).
- You will coordinate with a team of coaches to create a seasonal plan, with corresponding workouts broken down into monthly/weekly plans, adjusting workouts to meet the needs for your individual group. BAC uses USA Swim's American Development Model to guide workout and progression goals for each group level. Detailed workouts are to be turned into the head coach weekly for approval.
- You will arrive prior to the scheduled practice time, having swimmers in the water right at the start of practice. You will keep attendance daily and keep track of swimmers goals and progress throughout the season. You will communicate progress and issues with parents (with help of head coach if necessary).
- You will be given the opportunity to attend swim meets (all coaches must be able to attend at least one swim meet a season) at the direction of the head coach. Expenses and coaches stipend will be paid.
- You will meet with the head coach monthly. You could also be asked to meet with the board advisor on an as needed basis for training and development, and be able to adjust swim plans based on the needs of the team.
- Minimum two years experience coaching or experience swimming at the club or collegiate level.
- Experience working with children or teenagers preferred.
- Current USA Swimming Deck Pass or ability to pass the required safety training, background checks, and paperwork to obtain the credentials completed by May 1st.
- Ability to manage different personalities and educate swimmers effectively on stroke technique, fitness, and nutrition.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, working well with fellow coaches, swimmers, and parents on deck in representing the core values of BAC.
- Demonstrates initiative and enthusiasm for the sport.
- Highly motivated to help swimmers achieve their individual goals, encouraging every swimmer to grow and develop.
Are you ready to apply?
Email us at email@example.com and include:
- Your resume including three references and a start date
- Your availability for an interview with members of the Board
- A video (a recording with your phone is absolutely fine) or email answering the following:
- What draws you to Bakersfield Aquatics Club?
- What is your experience in this position?
- What will you uniquely bring to the team?
- What makes you excited in life?
The relationship between you and Bakersfield Aquatics Club is referred to as EMPLOYMENT AT WILL. This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice. You understand that your employment is at will and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at-will employment status, except for a written statement signed by you and the Board of Directors.
Bakersfield Aquatics Club is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.