JTSC 2019 SWIM-A-THON
May 31st, 5:30-8:30pm
It’s HERE! Fundraising for Swim-A-Thon Officially Begins May 6th!
Swim-A-Thon Day is Friday, May 31st 5:30pm-8:30pm
What You Need to Know About Swim-A-Thon
JTSC is participating in USA Swimming’s National Fundraising Event, Swim-A-Thon. All of our swimmers will help raise funds for the club and the USA Swimming Foundation as they strive to complete 200 laps (almost 3 miles) in two hours. It is a great way to combine our passion for swimming with a wonderful cause.
As we begin Swim-A-Thon, there are several items we would like share with each family as we move forward with our fundraiser. Objective is to actively involve each swimmer in this effort. By working together, we can jump in the pool and help our athletes raise the funds needed to reach our ultimate Goal!! This year, our Team Goal is to raise $10,000 for our club and we will be collecting donations through Swim-A-Thon Day, beginning on May 6st til June 7th, 2019. Listed below are the main essentials each parent should know about Swim-A-Thon! Please review and submit any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day of Swim-A-Thon- Swimmers will swim and eat! We will have snacks for all to enjoy after they swim their laps.
- All participants will begin swimming at 6:00pm and end when they either reach their 200 laps or 2 hours (8:00pm), whichever comes first.
- Each participant needs to bring a volunteer (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, older non-swimming sibling, etc.) to count their laps and cheer them on.
- Lap completion prizes will be awarded after completion that day.
- Top donation prizes will be awarded Tuesday, June 11. These will be announced by email and swimmer can pick up their prize at the pool.
- Earn Prizes- These prizes are in addition to prizes awarded by USA Swimming. (If listed prizes are not available an equal prize may be substituted)
- Pizza Party for practice group who raises most money (practice groups are: Senior, Gold, Black, 5-6th and K-4th).
- Top 3 swimmers who earn money will receive a Metal Jenks Trojan water bottle.
- First 20 swimmers to raise $200 or more will receive a Shiny Fish
- All other swimmers who raise $200 or more will receive a plastic Jenks Trojan water bottle.
- Swimmers who complete 100 laps will receive a stretchy fish.
- Swimmers who complete 200 laps will receive a tropical fruit keychain
- Volunteer Hours- Watch for Service Hour jobs online and sign up as they are posted. We will need food donations, set-up crews, clean-up crews, etc. Be sure to watch your email for available Service Hours as we approach the event date.
- Donations - The team will be utilizing “TU Money” through Team Unify as our online donation website where friends and family members will have the option to post their donations using a credit card. TU Money also allows your swimmer to maximize donations and increase awareness of our fundraising activity through Facebook, Twitter and email blasts utilizing your current address book! All you need to do is log into your family account at www.jenksswimclub.com and click on the Fundraiser Banner on our homepage. From here, choose your swimmer from the ‘Participant’ box to begin the setup/editing of your swimmer’s profile. Next, you will personalize/update your swimmer’s profile page by filling in their fundraising goal, lap goal, and message template. You can even choose to upload a personal photo! Swimmers also have the option to place additional flare to their page from the Stock Photo Library provided by Team Unify. If you would like to edit your swimmer’s message template, simply click on the ‘Set Up’ tab and click inside the text box to personalize your thoughts about swimming with Jenks Trojan Swim Club. It's that simple! You can also click the link below to access the complete ‘Team Unify Participant Set-Up Guide’ with diagrams. Team Unify has created several short tutorials on how to set up your swimmer’s profile page. These tutorials are easily viewable from the moment you click on the fundraising banner on our homepage. Team Unify Participant Set-Up Guide
Should you have any questions regarding fundraising for Swim-A-Thon, or about using TU Money to set-up your personal fundraising page, please email . SPECIAL NOTE: Do not hand any checks or cash to the coaches during practice. Coaches are not responsible for collecting money on the pool deck. Please submit all cash/check donations directly on Swim-A-Thon day to Michelle Brown.
- Corporate Sponsorships - In effort to achieve our goal of $10,000, we are offering Corporate Sponsorship opportunities. A copy of the Corporate Sponsorship Packet, along with a formal club letter, can be found here. The Corporate Sponsorship Packet is also available on our website under the ‘Fundraising’ tab. Please print the letter/packet and take it to your family doctor, favorite restaurant, or employer. Many businesses generally get excited for the opportunity to support local athletes.
- Corporate Matching- Matching Gift Programs are charitable giving programs set up by corporations in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. For example, if a donor works for Bank of America and donates $250 to a nonprofit organization, Bank of America will then match the donation and write a check for $250 to the same organization. Note: This process can take several weeks depending upon the corporation.
Please have all donations turned in by 6:00pm, June 7th.
Thank you for your support!