What is Safe Sport?
- Safe Sport is USA Swimming abuse prevention effort.
- Safe Sport program provides resources, policies, tools, and procedures to maintain a safe environment for your athletes.
Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP) address risk areas that present opportunities for abuse to occur.
As of June 23rd, SAGE YMCA and USA Swimming will be required to comply with the New Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP) set forth by the US Center for Safe Sport
Please take the time to sit down with your athlete and go over the USA Safe Sport (MAAPP) Policy. When you are done please have you and your athlete sign and the print the acknowledgment sheet
If another person takes your child to or from practice please fill out the additional form (permission for an unrelated applicable adult to provide local transport).
All non-athlete members of USA Swimming and all adult athletes (age 18+) are required to complete the Athlete Protection Training by clicking the link below. This must be complete by the time you turn 18.
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy Overview
- Applicable Adults (pdf)
- One-On-One Interactions (pdf)
- Social Media and Electronic Communication (pdf)
- Travel (pdf)
- Locker Rooms and Changing Areas (pdf)