MANDATORY SWIM TEAM SAFE SPORT TRAINING FOR PARENT VOLUNTEERS
Safe Sport training is required of all parents involved in Y programs and is also required by USA Swimming.
This training must be completed by September 30, 2019. When you have completed your training, please email Cassandra a copy of your certificate at HillYPiranhas@ymaryland.org.
Please identify the individuals in your household that serve as CCY volunteers during swim season. Each person in your household that plans to volunteer to fulfill your required Volunteer points MUST take this training.
What is Safe Sport: Safe Sport is a federal law enacted in January 2018 that lays out guidelines for protecting athletes. As part of the enactment of the law, The US Center for SafeSport was opened, it’s mission is to make athlete well-being the centerpiece of our nation’s sports culture. All athletes deserve to participate in sports free from bullying, hazing, sexual misconduct or any form of emotional or physical abuse. For more information go to: www.safesport.org
To ensure compliance with all applicable laws, and to continue to strengthen our ability to protect youth in our care from abuse, ALL volunteers/officials must take the following steps to ensure policies and procedures for abuse prevention and reporting align with the law.
- REQUIRED TRAINING: For volunteers/officials, you must complete the Praesidium Training and complete a background check.
- Officials who are USA-S certified officials who are USA-S registered do not need to take the Praesidium Training since they are required to take an approved training under USA-S policy.
Please following these steps to complete the required volunteer training:
- Go to http://praesidiuminc.com/enroll
- Enter the registration code: ymcacentralmd
- Fill out the form and click the link to enroll.
- Print the page or write down your user login and password for future reference.
- To begin taking training immediately, click the link or follow the instructions to the right to login later.
- Go to http://praesidiuminc.com/login
- Enter your user login and password. Then, click Login.
- Click on the course image or title to begin.
- To Register as a volunteer:
- Go to https://ymaryland.volunteermatters.org/volunteer/sign-up/4873
- If you are a first time user, you’ll create a username/password
- Complete the integrated background check.
Volunteer Opt-Out Option
If your family wishes to opt out of volunteering, please send Cassandra an email authorizing the Y to charge your Y account $300 for the season.