Weather & Time Sensitive Alerts
As of 9/13/19 Swim Ohana is no longer using the Remind service for critical alerts. In an effort to both reach all of our families for all team information and/or target specific accounts/member by location or practice group as necessary, we are launching our website supported text messaging service (aka SMS Messaging).
This will be the only way we communicate weather related changes. And we will utilize to send time sensitive deadlines as needed.
Here are the instructions for Account holders and how to add each Member (athlete) as well:
ALL ACCOUNT HOLDERS - Required Steps To Set Up Text Messaging
2. In the vertical menu column, click "My Account"
3. In the vertical sub menu, click "My Account"
4. At the top you will see the account owner name with 4 horizontal menu tabs: "Account", "Members", "Payment Setup", "Dues Schedule"
5. Parent Account Holder: Click "Account" tab. Scroll down to 4th line of "Account Contact Information". Enter your cell phone number in "SMS" box. Tab over to "Carrier" and choose your wireless carrier from the drop down menu*. Scroll down and Click "Save". You will then receive a text on your phone to verify SMS. Click the link and you will go to a "Success" page.
6. Member Athletes: Click "Members" tab. Scroll down to 3rd line of "Account Contact Information". Enter your cell phone number in "SMS" box. Tab over to "Carrier" and choose your wireless carrier from the drop down menu*. Scroll down and Click "Save". Your athlete will then receive a text on your phone to verify SMS. Please tell them to respond to the text for verification. Click the link and you will go to a "Success" page. *This step must be done for all Athlete Members to receive the texts.
*HELP-If your cell carrier is not listed in the sub menu, please follow these steps. If you try adding an SMS number to an Account or Member with a cell carrier that's not listed, first check our email-to-SMS gateway list to see if they are listed there. If not, next check this list of United States mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) to see if they're listed there. If so, try selecting the real carrier used by the company and see if it works. If not, the carrier will need to be contacted to see if they have an email-to-SMS gateway that converts emails to texts, and what the address is if so. For example, even though Boost Mobile uses the Sprint network, <mobilenumber>@myboostmobile.com is used to send a text to someone through our system.
NOT REQUIRED - Expanded Email Communications For Athlete Members
As our athletes grow into taking care of themselves more and more, it is highly encouraged from the staff to become familiar with our website, team communications and meet registration process. This can be achieved by adding their emails to your "Account" tab. You will see line 2 and 3 include "Login Email" and "Email 1, 2, or 3". Login email will always receive our emails. Enter athletes or parents in 1, 2, or 3 to receive emails. PLEASE NOTE: Emails 1, 2, and 3 cannot login in to your account to register for meets. In order for our athletes to handle meet registration you will need to share your login email and password information.