Lake Country Swim Lifeguarding Course
Classes are held at Arrowhead High School in Hartland, Wisconsin. Enter the building through Door 9 on the North side of the North Campus Building. The pool is the first set of doors on the right.
Instructor: Cliff Clauer
Fee: $250 – includes class materials, personal rescue mask, and certification upon satisfactory completion of class requirements.
To enroll in the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course, you must be at least 15 years old on the last scheduled class session. To participate in the course, you must be able to pass a prerequisite skills evaluation that includes the following:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. You may swim using the front crawl, breast stroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. You should place your hands under your armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Your face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object while keeping your face at or near the surface so you are able to get a breath. You should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using the ladder or steps.
The prerequisite skills evaluation will occur on the first day of the course. Please bring a swimsuit and towel for the skills evaluation and for every class.
To successfully complete the course, you must attend the entire course, participate in all skill sessions/drills, activities and scenarios, demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios, and pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80%.
The practice sessions will require some strenuous physical activity. You are encouraged to check with your health care professional before participating in the practice sessions. If a medical condition or disability exists that might prevent participation in the activities, or there are questions about fully participating in the lifeguarding course, please contact the instructor to discuss this before the course begins.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an American Red Cross certification for Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and AED, valid for 2 years.
Friday, March 13, 2020 – 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, March 14, 2020 – 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, March 15, 2020 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Monday, March 16, 2020 – 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 – 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Register on-line starting March 3
Scroll through "Event" box at bottom of home page for Lifeguard Registration
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Any questions about registration, contact Mark Kohnhorst at 262-367-7657 or email@example.com.
Any questions about the course, contact Cliff Clauer at 920-224-2735 or firstname.lastname@example.org