Georgia Swimming members, we know this is a time full of unknowns and adversities, but we are here to help the best way we can. If you have questions, concerns, your club needs help, etc. we are here to support you in any way possible. We are posting resources and updates here for all members of our LSC to use, as we are following the USA Swimming's and the CDC's guidelines, and we suggest others do the same. We hope everyone stays healthy and safe! If you have a question or need help from the LSC, please send an email to Megan Kingsley, Executive Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and the email will be passed to the board and others as needed.
Georgia Swimming LSC has written a letter to Governor Kemp, and it has been sent to him to discuss the opening of pools for competitive swimming. Stay strong!
COVID-19 Grant Application
The impact of COVID-19 has presented our swimming community with many challenges. To support Georgia Swimming member clubs, the Board of Directors has authorized a pool of up to $125,000 to be allocated for member clubs who apply for a one-time, program payment to help manage through disruptions to club business operations and financial challenges during this period.
To be considered for a program payment, the applicant must:
- Be a member club in Georgia Swimming in good standing
- Attest that the member club has applied for or received Small Business Administration COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan and/or Payroll Protection Program as well as documentation of additional efforts to secure local, state and federal relief.
- Be (a) currently a Safe Sport Recognized Club or (b) commit to being a Safe Sport Recognized Club by having initiated the application to become a Safe Sport Recognized Club within the earlier of June 30, 2020 or thirty (30) days following federal, state, local, USA Swimming and/or LSC authorization for member clubs to resume practice (as applicable). Member clubs shall make arrangements to repay Program payments to GASI for failure to complete Safe Sport certification obligations under (b) herein.
- Member clubs that do not qualify as a 501(c)(3) organization must provide a W9 to the GASI Treasurer prior to Program payment. Such Program payment may be regarded as taxable income by the IRS for non-501(c)(3) member clubs. Such clubs should consult their tax advisor.
Please read through the accompanying materials, and, if interested, complete and submit your member club’s application by May 31, 202 to email@example.com. Your application will be logged and the member club’s head coach on record will receive a confirmation from our business manager, and we will be making payments as quickly as applications can be processed and checks issued.
Please reach out to Megan Kingsley of you have any questions.
Safe Sport-COVID19_Club Explanation of Benefits_050620
The most meaningful financial relief recommendations for clubs will come from individual club’s banks and the SBA
Pandemic Forbearance Programs – Mortgage and loan relief
CARES Act – grants and loans for non-profits
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Disaster Loan Assistance
GASI is not providing financial advice. The information above is an attempt to provide links to information from
relief organizations. Clubs should seek guidance from their board and/or financial advisors.
How you can protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.