Good Morning Swim Fans!
What’s that saying about March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb??? I’m seriously rethinking THAT! On that note, I hope that the new month (April) finds you healthy and adjusting to well to our current situation. With pools closed, social distancing strongly enforced and most of our athletes spending a lot of time doing school work in front of a computer screen, the need for physical activity, connections to our swim “family” and FUN are back on our list of priorities.
During this stressful and trying time, we’d like to offer fun, interactive physical challenges to our athletes. The internet is FULL of awesome workout plans (even some specific for swimmers) and if you’ve found a workout routine that fits nicely into your daily plan then by all means…KEEP IT! (Just add in the stuff you want to from us!) If you have yet to find a routine, stay tuned. Over the next several weeks, your coaching staff will compile workouts, challenges and social activities for ALL age groups. (Yes, Senior team, parents and master swimmers, you too!)
- Wednesday, April 1st – Scavenger hunt for “workout” equipment and a brief introduction to body positioning for dryland conditioning.
- Thursday, April 2nd – Magic number workout with an arm and upper shoulder workout and introduction to shoulder stretches
- Friday, April 3rd – 5:30pm SOCIAL GATHERING! Watch for a Zoom meeting invitation so we can “see” each other. We’ve missed your faces. You might want to bring your cap and goggles to the meeting (so we can recognize you!)
- WEEKEND “Lion King” CHALLENGE
- Monday, April 6th – Measurements and Core work. Tracking your success through the process.
- Wednesday, April 8th – Abs and Legs – HAPPY SIT ON THE COUCH DAY. Yes, your workout will happen sitting down.
- Friday, April 10th – Mix tape Challenge – I’ll provide you with a workout to a song in the morning, at our evening social gathering, bring your favorite workout song to our chat. We’ll compile a list and use it for a future workout.
- WEEKEND “Groundhog Day” CHALLENGE
Anticipate workouts to be emailed before 9am. Like many of you, my days are filled with kids doing school work and every device in the house is being used from 10-4 most days. You are welcome to call/text or email with questions, suggestions or concerns and I can respond via cell phone (the only device the children haven’t commandeered) If you’d like me to send your workouts to a different email or to your athlete directly, just let me know. I can add it on the list.
This will be an evolving plan and will vary slightly as the workouts get passed from coach to coach. (we all have a different level of expertise and interest) Enjoy the ride (so to speak) and know that your physical and mental health is of the utmost importance to us.