Tidal Wave Aquatics is a learn-to-swim and competition-based organization located at the Johnson Pool at Catawba College. Our mission is to provide technical development and racing skills for all age levels. We are committed to a safe and supportive environment for our members per the guidelines and policies of USA Swimming Safe Sport.
Report an Incident
- For concerns, contact USA Swimming Safe Sport: (719) 866-4578 or online.
- For reports, contact the U.S. Center for Safe Sport: (720) 524-5640 or online.
Safe Sport Reporting Information
US Center for Safe Sport, (720) 531-0340
US Center for Safe Sport "Incident Reporting Form"
5 Tips for Parents
1. GET EDUCATED: Education is the most important tool for combatting misconduct. Look for resources that can help you understand how abuse occurs and what you can do about it.
2. CREATE HEALTHY BOUNDARIES: It’s important to establish healthy boundaries between athletes and coaches and have clear expectations about the coach’s role. A coach is a teacher & mentor, not a friend or peer.
3. IDENTIFY & ADDRESS HIGH-RISK AREAS: For misconduct to take place, an offender needs privacy, access, and control. Some high-risk areas include travel, locker rooms & electronic communication.
4. SPEAK UP: If you recognize questionable behaviors, say something!
5. TALK TO YOUR KIDS!: Physical & sexual misconduct can be a hard topic for parents to talk about with their children. Having these conversations is extremely important in helping your child from becoming a victim of abuse.