Swim Ohana - August 24, 2020
When local guidelines change our procedure and this page will be updated.
UPDATE December 18, 2020 - 2020-21 Registration Opens 8/17/20
Exposure/Positive Cases -
ATHLETE/FAMILY: For all of the following an athlete or any member of their immediate family/household will be treated as the same individual.
SYMPTOMS: If athlete or immediate family/household are experiencing any symptoms, athlete and carpool members of athlete must stay home for the day.
NOTIFICATION: Any/all direct exposures and/or positive test results within athlete's immediate family/household must be reported to Ohana immediately.
EXPOSURE/POSITIVE TEST: Any athlete or member of immediate family member/household who had direct exposure and/or develops symptoms must stay home from practice until return to practice plan fulfilled.
EXPOSURE AT OHANA PRACTICE: If a member of the team tests positive athletes in same or adjacent lanes will be notified and expected to follow quarrantine and return to practice plan.
QUARANTINE UPDATES: If within quarantine period new exposure/symptoms/positive cases develop Ohana must be notified.
TESTING: All athletes opting to test will need to utilize a PCR test. The PCR test MUST be dated no later than the date required by Ohana for return to practice. PCR tests may offer an expedited processing sometimes called "rapid" results. "Rapid Antigen" tests will NOT be accepted. Generally speaking PCR test can take 1-7 days, whereas a Rapid Antigen is typically within minutes. Please consult your medical team.
RETURN TO PRACTICE: Each athlete will have an individual return to practice plan developed once Ohana has been notified.
GUIDELINES: Ohana will be actively following state, local and CDC guidelines.
PEDIATRIC RECOMMENDATION: The American Academy of Pediatricians is recommending consulting with your doctor for a return to sports plan for COVID postive children. There is a risk for children to develop Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart). Please share plan with your coach any doctor's orders received.
COMPLIANCY: Any athlete, parent or family member who chooses non-compliance with any policy or procedure will be asked to leave immediately and potentially be removed from practice group temporarily or entirely.
Almost everything stays the same on procedure and policy with new times for practice being the main change. Please review the following for any additional questions you may have.
Lane Assignments Will Be Communicated To Athletes With Their Lead Coach
Memorial Northwest is remaining open to their pool to HOA membership for throughout the year. We are so grateful to be able to continue to use the pool all day. This will be in a limited fashion – using only 6 of the competition lanes. Our policies and procedures are changing to improve the experience for athletes while also limiting potential contact with residents.
- Parking Is Staying To Lot Near Theiss Elementary
- Ohana Entrance/Exit Is Moving To Private Gate Near Theiss Elementary
A huge and heartfelt thank you to all of our supporters! We would not be here without each and every one of you! We cannot wait to get back to doing what we do best – coaching kids at the pool and knowing all of our families in a personal manner! Look for priority Registration for our current membership.
There are many models to follow at this point that do meet federal and local guidelines. The global swimming world has been working on workable models for weeks now. As we move into our own Phase 2, each practice group will be distancing in a format specific to maturity level (Pink 2/lane, Blue 2/lane, Pre Junior 2/lane, and and all Junior and above will be 4/lane). In cases of siblings, carpools, and school/social groups they will share a lane if in same practice group. Families practicing more social distancing will be honored at the pool. Health and safety is our top concern. We do expect some bumps in this road and welcome any and all feedback from all of you.
Before Practice @ Home Or In Car
- All parents must check their children’s temperature. If any fever or symptom of illness please stay home. ****If any athlete has fever or any symptoms of illness may not attend practice for 72 hours from end of fever or symptom if fever and symptom free without medication(s). If athlete visits a doctor and is instructed to self isolate must notify Swim Ohana immediately and no practice for 14 days.
- Fill water bottle
- Use the bathroom
- Sanitize hands
- Cap on if cannot put cap on without assistance
- Athletes DO need to wear a mask to or from practice
- No parents will be allowed on the pool deck. Only designated athletes and staff will be on deck at all times. Please remain in your vehicles when dropping off and picking up.
- Bathroom use will be discouraged unless. In the case of use athlete expected to self sanitize afterwards. Staff will sanitize the facilities for younger athletes.
- No athlete will be permitted to use, touch, play, etc, with deck furniture or play area in pool.
Late Arrival/Early Departue
- No one will be turned away but we are asking that all be 5-10 minutes early to ensure a smooth transition for as many athletes as possible.
- Every practice session will have 5:00 minute period of time for swimmers to exit and next group to enter separately and 6’ apart. Choose any tape marking near gate (do not worry about lane assignment).
Arrival @ Pool
- All athletes can wear normal clothes to practice and bring their dry backpack in addition to their wetbag. We do ask that items brought to practice are required items (clean out those backpacks). Don’t forget your water, too.
- Waiting Area Is On Sidewalk Nearest Theiss Elementary. Area closest to street will be the waiting area and area closest to tennis courts will be the pickup area. Athletes will wait in designated area on sidewalks with 6’ spacing outside of gate AFTER the previous practice group has exited. Spots will be marked with same “Clubhouse – Lane #”, “Pool – Lane #), or “Tennis – Lane #” assignment.
- 5 Minutes before practice begins athletes will enter through gate. A masked coach will be holding gate and asking health and travel questions. If athletes are displaying or speak of any symptoms they will be asked to leave. Fever? Sore throat? Chills? Dizzy? Shortness of breath? Headache? Loss of taste or smell? Diarrhea? Vomiting?
- Athletes will walk to their lane assignment with an area for their dry equipment and go straight to the pool to enter in 6’ apart manner.
- Athletes must wear mask at all times when not in pool.
- Coach will not be masked during practice when kids are in water (staff masked during transition times between groups)
- Athletes are not to share or borrow equipment (put a spare pair of goggles in their bags please)
- Athletes will quickly exit the water, grab belongings, and proceed to exit. They will exit the pool deck in the same 6’ socially distanced pattern as entering.
- Parents need to be in lot at end of practice.
- All common areas will be disinfected regulary and hand sanitizer available to athletes at all times