Downloaded Updated Waiver Form (PDF) - Nov '20
The Raider Swim Team has Re-Opened for swimming! Get the latest information here. Please be patient with our coaches and volunteer staff as we learn how to re-open under State & Local guidelines and to ensure the safety of all members at the DRAC Facility.
Orientation Practices - May 29-30, 2020
Purpose: teach swimmers how to enter/exit the facility, what to bring (not bring), and overview or procedures. We will be implementing a 15-minute turnover period between all groups entering and exiting the pool. NOTE: We understand there are planned group moves and age-ups that have occurred since pool closures were put in place. Please follow your current group's schedule at the restart of practices. Once coaches have a handle on practice behaviors and social distance training, the coaches will be implementing group moves in various stages throughout the comeback period.
We plan to start out safe, simple, and focused. As the swimmers and coaches adapt to new routines and social distance practices, the coaches will "scale up" and expand practice times to increase training time in the water. The timeliness of this scaling will be determined after the coaches understand the patterns and behaviors of our athletes as they learn how to train differently than what they were use to while ensuring safety first. Coaches will make these adjustments every 2 weeks.
New and Returning Families - What do I do?
Left the team and are ready to return? Easy. Contact Office Manager Anissa Kanzari at [email protected] so she can active your account. New to the area or wanting to join the team? Easy. Contact Head Age Group Coach Brent Peaden at [email protected] if you are under the age of 12. Contact Head Coach Kevin Weldon at [email protected] if you are a teenager or college swimmer.
Updated Waiver Form (Nov 2020). A waiver will be required for each swimmer wishing to participate in any practice or lesson. This waiver will require each parent/guardian AND swimmer to certify that they will not enter the facility with COVID-19 related symptoms, follow safety and health related protocols while in the facility and maintain social distancing.
- A waiver will be required for each swimmer wishing to participate in any practice or lesson. This waiver will require each parent/guardian AND swimmer to certify that they will not enter the facility with COVID-19 related symptoms, follow safety and health related protocols while in the facility and maintain social distancing. The facility is working to craft this waiver.
- Each person entering the facility will have their temperature taken. Those with temperatures over 100 F will not be permitted to enter.
- Swimmers will be socially distanced in the pool using techniques administered by the coaches.
- The facility is in the process of making the lane markers. We will start with limited equipment, but when the time comes the team will look into the mesh bag holders.
- No swimmers will congregate in the pool at any one location (such as the wall), but they are permitted to swim past each other.
- The lockers rooms will be closed except for the restrooms.
- Swimmers will be required to wear their suit to practice. They will not be permitted to change in the locker rooms.
- Swimmers will have a designated place to put their bags which will be spaced per swimmer for social distancing. Their mask can be removed and placed into their bags once they are ready to enter the pool.
- Parents will be allowed to watch practice from the bleachers, maintaining 6 feet of separation while wearing a mask at all times.
- All those not swimming in the pool will be required to wear a mask in the facility.
- Swimmers will be required to wear a mask when not swimming as well.
- Coaches may lower their mask once all swimmers are in the water so that they can properly communicate during practice.
- Swimmers will enter the south door that is on the pond side and exit through the north door that is on the pond side. These doors will be marked with signs. No Raider Swim Team swimmer or parent will be permitted to enter through the lobby doors.
- Swimmers should not congregate in the parking lot. They should maintain social distancing while on the DRAC Facility grounds.
Please read THIS GUIDANCE from the DRAC Facility Board, which further details expectations for the facility.