Summer 2020 Info
We have exciting news to share! Registration is OPEN for this summer's swim team!! We will be renting lanes at SwimRVA for the five weeks of the swim season. The season begins this Monday, June 22 and runs through Friday, July 24. There are many changes to this season than in past years, but we are confident that your kids will still have fun swimming with friends!
We have a very limited number of spots available. Please register by Saturday, June 20 or ASAP because we will open registration to non-Highlands residents if space is available for this season only on Sunday.
Because of Phase 2 restrictions due to COVID-19, our season will consist primarily of practices and will focus on swimmer improvement over the season without typical swim meets. The good news is that there are no plans to have volunteer requirements this season!
Kids must be strong swimmers and able to easily swim the length of the pool on their own without stopping. Coaches are not allowed in the water and the competition pool is ~8' deep.
The reduced rate is $100 for swimmers ages 5-14. When you break down the cost, it is only $20 per week per child, which is only $4/day if they attend practices Monday-Friday. Swimmers ages 15-18 are only $50. What a deal! :)
Every swimmer will be required to sign up for their practice time in advance. No walk-ins. The practice schedule will be available once you have registered for the team. A new schedule will be posted weekly. If your child is unable to make a practice time they are signed up for, please delete your child from their spot as soon as possible to make room for another child to swim.
Please read over the details and registration pages carefully so that you and your kids are very clear on the expectations for the season. All parents must acknowledge that they have read SwimRVA's Reopening Guidelines and agree to abide by them, as well as sign a waiver from SwimRVA. The guidelines are available below and also during the registration process.
There are several items you need to know before entering the doors at SwimRVA. Everything is covered in more detail in the SwimRVA Reopening Guide & Instruction that can be found on the front page of the SwimRVA website at Swimrichmond.org. Here are some of the main take-a-ways.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at check-in and throughout the facility. You will not be allowed in the building without a mask. These masks can be cloth or higher grade medical masks.
- Entry will be through the side doors of the building nearest the competition pool where the white tent is located. There is a tall banner with Swim Team and Water Polo on it at this entrance.
- The lockers in the locker rooms will be closed. We ask that you come to practice in your bathing suit and leave in your suit. Athletes will have access to the restrooms in the locker room area if needed.
- All bags will be placed on the pool deck on the designated yellow markings laid out around the pool.
- Everyone will be required to verbally answer the SwimRVA COVID-19 Questionnaire upon entry. If you are not 18 you must bring a signed copy of the questionnaire with you or have your parents walk with you to check-in. Parents will be required to wear a mask as well. You can also email the completed questionnaire to [email protected].
- Everyone must complete the SwimRVA Liability Waiver found here: https://app.waiverelectronic.com/render/templateByRefId/5ec4056a3358db0178a6a454 This must be completed before entering the building.
- Only 3 swimmers are permitted per lane.
- Parents are not permitted inside SwimRVA and will wait in the parking lot during practice.
Please see the map below on where you will enter the building for check-in: