COVID-19 Travel Guidelines:
Governor Baker has established new and specific guidelines regarding out-of-state travel for all leaving and coming to Massachusetts, going into effect on August 1st, 2020.
Full details regarding this travel order can be found at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
- Beginning August 1, 2020, the new travel order requires all visitors and returning residents to fill out a “Massachusetts Traveler Form” unless they are coming from a state that has been designated a lower risk COVID-19 state or fall into an exemption category.
- Any visitor and returning resident arriving in Massachusetts from any other place than a lower-risk state MUST quarantine for 14-days unless they can produce a negative COVID-19 test result administered on a sample taken not more than 72-hours prior to arriving in Massachusetts.
- Lower-risk states we can travel to WITHOUT quarantining or testing are: Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Specific details about quarantine have been strengthened by this order as well (i.e., no grocery store visits/delivery only and $500 per day fines if individuals don’t comply with quarantine measures).
What this means for you and our ATST swimmers:
- If your swimmer travels to any state deemed “higher-risk”, upon return, your child will not be able to participate in practices during the 14-day quarantine period unless a negative test result can be supplied.
- Please note, children under the age or 10 are not required to be tested and a negative result from a family member who traveled with them would suffice.
- If you are planning on traveling to or returning from a “higher risk” state in the month of August, please fill out the Massachusetts Traveler Form at: https://www.mass.gov/forms/massachusetts-travel-form
Science of COVID and Water
ATST COVID Precautions
State of MA and COVID Policies
USA Swimming COVID Recommendations