Our ability to run practices depends on everyone’s cooperation and adherence to all safety protocols. We expect all members to respect the staff and families by practicing social distancing both on and off the deck. If the staff feels that any member is not adhering to the policies outlined below on a consistent basis, their practice privileges may be suspended. The staff also reserves the right to discontinue practices at any time should they feel safety expectations are not being met.
- Any swimmer with any of the following symptoms should not attend practice:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills, headaches, sore throat in the last 24 hours
- New loss of taste or smell
- Any other symptom listed by the CDC (full list of symptoms can be found here)
- Any family that visits a state or territory on New York State’s travel list within the last 14 days should not attend practice and must follow New York States guidelines to quarantine for 14 days. An updated list can be found here.
- SignUpGenius will be utilized for all practice sessions and every swimmer must be registered. No walk-ins will be allowed.
- Please keep your swimmer home if they or anyone in your household is unwell
ARRIVING AT PRACTICE
- Swimmers should arrive in their swimsuit.
- Everyone is expected to wait in their car until just before their session is scheduled to begin. They will then enter the building through the lobby doors.
- All swimmers will have their temperature taken with a no-touch thermometer and have their hands sanitized when entering the building. Any swimmer with a temperature of 100.4F or higher will not be allowed into the facility and will be told to return home. Please do not leave until you are sure your child has fully entered the building.
- Swimmers must arrive and leave practice wearing a mask. Masks must remain on at all times, except for when entering the pool.
- The staff will designate where athletes will place their bags while remaining at least six feet apart.
- Social distancing must be observed on deck throughout all practices.
- No sharing of equipment or water bottles.
- No spectators will be allowed on deck.
- Parents are strongly encourage to only enter the building if there is an absolute necessity to do so. We have to limit the number of people in the building to ensure the safety of all of our families. Anyone entering the building must get their temperature checked and use the hand sanitizer dispenser.
- Locker rooms may be used AFTER practice only. The family changing room will also be accessible.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the locker rooms.
- Swimmers must use the changing stalls to change.
- The showers are NOT to be used.
- Swimmers are expected change quickly and to promptly leave the locker rooms upon finishing. Swimmers should be picked up as soon as they are done.
REPORTING A POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST
- Should any athlete or a family member test positive for COVID-19, their parents should notify the coaching staff as soon as possible.
- The coaching staff will alert the rest of the swimmers who attended a recent practice with the athlete without naming who the swimmer is.
- Families will be encouraged to consult a medical professional to determine if a COVID-19 test is needed. If any swimmer begins to experience any symptoms, the swimmer must stay home and seek advice from a medical professional.
- Similarly, anyone who was in close proximity to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, whether at or outside of practice, should stay home and seek advice from a medical professional.
- All families should follow all local government and CDC guidelines, as well as the advice from their medical professional before returning to practice.