Lucky Duck Fundraiser
Imagine the concept of a cash raffle combined with a carnival duck pond, and you’ve got the Y Neptune’s Lucky Duck Fundraiser. Members of the Y Neptune swim team will be selling chances to win one of seven cash prizes, which will be drawn using rubber ducks out of the Deep Pool. Each rubber duck will have a unique number, and the Y Neptune coaches will be diving into the pool to draw a Lucky Duck for each prize. The drawing will be held at the Central YMCA and streamed live on the Central YMCA’s Facebook page.
Date: November 7, 2020 at 9:00 am
Cost: $5 per duck
Prizes: $500 (1 winner)
$200 (2 winners)
$100 (2 winners)
$50 (2 winners)
Rules & Regulations:
- Must be 18 years or older to purchase a duck entry.
- Duck entries can be purchased from any Y Neptune family using cash or check. Please write checks to Y Neptunes.
- A maximum of 1200 duck entries will be sold.
- Winners need not be present and will be notified by phone.
- Winners are responsible for any taxes associated with prize amounts
- Each Y Neptune family will be assigned 15 duck numbers to sell by October 26, 2020.
- Each duck number represents one entry into the Lucky Duck drawing, which is referred to as a duck entry.
- A duck entry costs $5 and can be purchased using cash or check. Checks should be made out to Y Neptunes.
- Sales must be documented on the Lucky Duck Fundraiser seller form and include the name and phone number of the person(s) purchasing a duck entry.
- A “receipt” can be issued to the buyer upon request that contains the duck numbers associated with their duck entry along with the details of the fundraiser.
- Lucky Duck seller forms and money will be turned in to Coach Michael Bleggi or the lock box in the Deep Pool on or before October 26, 2020.
- Families are encouraged to work together should anyone struggle to sell all 15 duck entries and/or a swimmer is able to sell more than 15 duck entries.
- Proceeds from the Lucky Duck Fundraiser will be used to fund the banquet, awards, and team gift at the end of the Y Neptune team season.
- Questions should be directed to Chris Hughes ([email protected]) or Michael Bleggi ([email protected])
Seller forms and receipts will be available at the Y beginning October 8th.