On or before June 23, 2019 all clubs need to have the following in place:
- All 18 and older athletes registered with the club must have completed the Athlete Protection Training.
- All policies updated to include the changes found in the Minor Athlete Abuse Protection Policy.
- The Minor Athlete Abuse Protection Policy posted on each club’s website with notification to all club member families to read the policy
- All appropriate permission forms executed by the appropriate party. These include: carpool/local transportation - if an 18 or older athlete drives a minor to/from practice or team activities the parent/guardian must sign a permission form travel to meets - if an 18 or older athlete drives a minor to/from an out of town meet the parent/guardian must sign a permission form travel accommodations - if a minor athlete rooms with an 18 or older athlete for an away meet the parent/guardian must sign a permission form
- All Applicable Adults, USAS members, and non-athlete USAS members must acknowledge having read or been explained MAAPP. This acknowledgement can be completed electronically or by hard copy.
Safe Sport Document from USA Swimming
Compliance must be achieved by June 23, 2019
PERMISSION FOR AN UNRELATED APPLICABLE ADULT TO TRAVEL TO COMPETITION ALONE WITH MINOR ATHLETE - Click Here
PERMISSION FOR AN UNRELATED APPLICABLE ADULT TO PROVIDE LOCAL TRANSPORTATION TO MINOR ATHLETE - Click Here
PERMISSION FOR AN UNRELATED ADULT ATHLETE TO SHARE THE SAME HOTEL, SLEEPING ARRANGEMENT OR OVERNIGHT LODGING LOCATION WITH MINOR ATHLETE - Click Here
WRITTEN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MAAP POLICY - Click Here
Athlete Protection Training Information
The Athlete Protection Training is provided through the U.S. Center for SafeSport. The required course is found on the USA Swimming LEARN site and must be renewed annually. All new and existing adult members of USA Swimming, including adult athletes, must satisfactorily complete Athlete Protection Training as required by the U.S. Center for SafeSport. ANY ATHLETE WHO TURNS 18 MUST COMPLETE THE ATHLETE PROTECTION TRAINING IN ORDER TO HAVE THEIR SWIMS UPLOADED TO THE SWIMS DATABASE.
USA Swimming's Athlete Protection Training