- All swimmers, volunteers, coaches and officials must wear a mask (covering nose and mouth), when social distancing is not possible, throughout the duration of any CSL activity (meeting, practice or meet)
- Swimmers must wear a mask when not actively swimming
- All swimmers, volunteers, coaches and officials must maintain a safe social distance from one another.
- Safe social distance as defined by Loudoun County Health Department.
- Parents that are not working at the meet in an official capacity (coach, official, clerk of course, marshal or on deck volunteer) are not allowed on deck.
- We will look to utilize Facebook Live to broadcast the meet.
- All swimmers, volunteers, coaches and officials must complete a COVID-19 Health Attestation and a temperature check prior to the start of practice and meets.
- We will use the Broadlands HOA waiver form for each swimmer and each day of practice or meet
- All coaches will wear masks during practices at all times when social distancing is not possible. Once the swimmers enter the water and are at a safe distance, coaches can remove their masks for instructions.
- All athletes will wear masks entering and exiting the facility, on deck and during dryland activities.
- Exceptions will be made for athletes with conditions that prohibit them from wearing a mask, pending medical documentation.
- All volunteers will wear masks during practice at all times.
Social Distancing Requirements
- Athletes and coaches must maintain 6 feet distance at all times.
- There will be markings taped along the entrance for athletes to line up 6 feet apart.
- There will be a grid area taped on the pool deck for athletes to leave their personal belongings to ensure social distancing.
- Once athletes enter the building, they will go to their grid spot and await instructions from their coach.
- Upon entrance athletes will be directed to designated areas, socially distanced and will wait until the previous session is complete.
- After practice, swimmers will be escorted out to be picked up by parents.
- Volunteers will take the athlete's temperature prior to entering the facility.
- Athletes with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or more will be sent home.
Athlete & Family Protocols
- Athletes must arrive and depart in their swimsuit.
- Athletes will not be able to change or shower at the facility.
- Athletes will only be permitted to line up to enter 5 minutes before their scheduled practice time.
- If they arrive early, they should wait in their car until the appropriate time to enter the facility.
- Athletes must leave the facility immediately at the completion of any practice.
- Parents/spectators will not be allowed in the facility at any time and are expected to practice social distancing while waiting for their athlete.
- We will ensure that the appropriate number of coaches are present during each practice to comply with Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP).
- Athletes should bring their own water bottle (already filled) and any other equipment required by their coach.
- Athletes will not be permitted to store their equipment at the facility.
- Criteria that must be met by athlete and anyone residing in their household in order to be eligible to attend practice:
- Cannot have had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Cannot have had a temperature over 100.4 degrees, a cough or difficulty breathing in the last 14 days.
- Cannot have traveled outside the country in the last 14 days.
- Any athlete or staff member experiencing any symptoms of a fever, recent cough, unusual fatigue, headache or has had any exposure to someone who has any symptoms should remain at home and seek medical treatment.
- If any athlete or staff member has a fever or symptoms of illnesses, they may not attend practice until 14 days after the fever or symptoms has ceased.
- Athletes and staff must see a physician and be cleared for training after being diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19.
- For us all to stay healthy and be able to keep swimming, we ask our athletes to please practice responsible social distancing when they are away from the pool.
- Should we feel anyone is consistently not adhering to social distancing guidelines, they or their family’s participation in Piranhas activities may be suspended.
Positive Test Procedure
- Should someone test positive for COVID-19 within the membership, the following measures will take place:
- The individual should let the Piranhas staff know immediately.
- Piranhas staff will notify Broadlands HOA immediately.
On the Pool Deck - Practice
- Swimmers will be provided with explicit directions when entering and leaving the pool deck, we will share detailed procedures prior to practice they will look like the following:
- Swimmers will need to follow the directional arrows on the floor for entering/exiting the pool deck
- Coaches will instruct swimmers where to place backpacks and equipment bags.
- Swimmers must wait with their bag (masks still on) until they have been given permission by a coach to enter the water.
- Each age group will swim with a maximum of five (5) athletes per lane.
- Swimmers will not be allowed on the walls together. Each swimmer will have a designated spot in the lane each practice and must start/stop there each time. Coaches will work with athletes to make sure they understand these rules.
- If a swimmer needs to use the restroom, they are required to wear their mask. Only one swimmer will be allowed to use the restroom at a time.
- Upon the conclusion of practice, swimmers will be dismissed from the water by a coach. Masks will be put on once they exit the pool. They must immediately return to their belongings. Once their mask is on they can go to their belongings and, they can wrap a towel around them or dry off and get dressed. They will not be allowed to dry off and get dressed without a mask on.
- Swimmers must follow the arrows on the deck when leaving. Athletes must exit the facility immediately and are not allowed to hang out in groups inside or outside the building.
Picking Up Athletes
- Swimmers must exit the pool deck through the gate and wait outside for pickup.
- Masks must be worn until the swimmer has entered their vehicle.
- If swimmers are in a carpool, everyone must wear masks while inside the vehicle.
- For our younger groups, we will have coaches and/or volunteers walk the athletes out together the first week so they are comfortable with how to exit the pool deck. Parents must be on time to pick up their children.
- Chairs used to place backpacks and gear on will be sprayed down between practices.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized every two hours, also utilizing spray bottles containing sanitation spray.