South Jersey Mariners Swim Team
Try Outs & Signups for the 2022 Spring/Summer Season
Saturday, April 30th 9-11:15am @ Hess School Pool
Babcock Rd, Mays Landing, NJ
Who is required to try out for the team?
1. Swimmers who were not members of SJ Mariners or USA Swim Club 2019-20
What to bring to try outs?
1. Goggles, Towel & Water bottle.
2. Swim suit (Boys = Jammers or Briefs / Girls = one piece suit )
3. Swim cap optional (long hair must be pulled up)
4. No prior registration is necessary. Just show up ready to swim.
What will the tryout consist of?
1. All swimmers ages 8 and younger must swim one lap of freestyle and kick one lap.
2. All swimmers ages 9 and over will swim one lap of freestyle, one lap of backstroke, and be asked to kick at least one lap.
3. All swimmers may be asked to demonstrate their abilities in the other competitive strokes at various distances to best place them in one of our practice groups.
What does it take to qualify for the team?
1. Swimmers must be able to complete at least one lap of freestyle with their face in the water the entire time, demonstrating side breathing and without stopping. Swimmers will also need to demonstrate that they can kick freestyle with a board (or on their back).
When & Where are the tryouts being held?
1. George Hess Complex Pool in Mays Landing ( April 30th from 9 – 11:15am)
3. Contact us (sjmariners.org) if you are not able to attend and need to try out.
When will you know if accepted?
1. Swimmers will be notified by the coach within the week.
2. Some swimmers will be advised at tryouts
What to do after accepted to the swim team?
1. Fill out Registration, Waiver & USS membership form ( available at tryouts or on website )
2. Fees are listed in more information. click here: more information
3. Purchase a team swim suit & cap (Info under Team Wear Tab )
4. Attend parent meeting before swim program starts ( Fall / Winter only)
5. Read Parent/Swimmer hand book for tips & guidelines