Officials Training Dates:
-Sunday, April 14th at 3 pm Umstead Pines
-Sunday, May 5 at 2 pm at Black Horse Run ***In-person clinic cancelled*** Will be offered via WebEx. Please contact your parent rep or Arleen Song for link.
-Thursday, May 9 at 6 pm at Five Oaks
-Tuesday, May 14 at 6 pm Will be offered via WebEx. Please contact your parent rep or Arleen Song for link.
1. Meet directors must attend entire training session.
2. If someone is USA certified S&T or starter he/she does not need to come to training for that position- if they want to be meet director- see #1 above. The person must send me an email with their club team and positions(s) certified so I can confirm and add them to the list before May 20.
3. Clinic timing- first 1 hour to 1 hr 15 minutes stroke and turn; next 30 min starter; remainder of time meet director specific (goal to keep the whole session under 2.5 hours.
4. Coaches may come to understand swimming rules but are not required to attend.
5. Ideally parent reps are not officials-you have other responsibilities during swim meets. Even though most of you will be trained for officiating through training for meet director, it’s best to recruit other parents from your team for these roles.