2018 Stroke and Turn Training Clinics:
Officials Training Dates:
Sunday April 15; 3-6pm (after DSSL meeting) Umstead Pines
Sunday May 6; 2-5pm Hardscrabble
Wednesday May 9; 6-9pm Hope Valley Farms
Sunday May 20; 2-5pm Levin JCC
To answer the next questions before they come-
1. To be meet director they must come to the entire training
2. If USA certified S&T or starter they do not need to come to training for that position- if they want to be meet director- see #1 above. They must send me an email with their club team and positions(s) certified so I can confirm and add them to the list- BEFORE May 20!
3. Clinic timing- first 1.5 hours stroke and turn; next 30 min starter; last hour meet director specific
4. For those wanting a S&T waiver- a parent MUST have officiated at least 3 regular season meets during each of the last 3 years and officiated at the last Championship meet. They must request this via email with a cc to me and parent rep who must confirm they have worked 3 regular season meets in each of the last three years- BEFORE MAY 20
5. Coaches may come to understand swimming rules but are not required to
6. Ideally parent reps are NOT officials- you have other responsibilities during swim meets
Please email DSSL Officials Chair, Anne Marie Schneider (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions regarding DSSL officials.