2019 Parents' Meeting
The parents' meeting will be held Sunday May 19th from 1pm to 2:00pm at Lost Rhino @Red Rum Drive.
This meeting provides important detail on how the meets will be conducted this season, on the volunteer requirements of
each family and how to sign up, as well as introducing the 2019 Board members and the Committee chairs.
We are asking that all families attend at 1pm. We will cover a lot of information about how practices and meets are run, swimmer and parent expectations, etc. We will also introduce our coaches and hopefully hand out team t-shirts.
2017 Parent Meeting Handout
- Volunteer sign-ups can be done online starting on May (TBD) (Officials only), and May (TBD) (all other volunteers)
- For more information, please visit our Volunteer page
Frequently Asked Questions
All the information you need can be found in the Parents' Handbook, but we also have a FAQ page for the most frequent
questions we get.
- To see a record of the Board Minutes, please visit our Minutes page.
We are very excited to share who our new coach is going to be for the 2019 summer season!
Congratulations to our new Head Coach Kyle Gallo! Kyle is bringing over 20 years of coaching experience at all levels from summer league and High School, to Collegiate and Olympic Trials Qualifiers. Prior to becoming the Coach for Broadlands, he was the Coach for the Ashburn Farm Barracudas winning 2 division championships in the 3 years he was there.
Before returning to coaching in Ashburn, Coach Kyle was the Assistant Coach at West Virginia University for 8 years. While at WVU his teams had tremendous success in the water. He coached 16 swimmers at the USA and various International Olympic Trials, 1 Mexican National Record holder, 3 NCAA All Americans, 14 Honorable Mention All-Americans and multiple conference, individual, and relay record holders and champions.
Before coaching at West Virginia University, Kyle was a standout swimmer himself. He was a 4-year swimmer and team captain at WVU. While there he was an All-Big East Swimmer competing in the sprint freestyle and breaststroke events as well as in multiple relays. He graduated with a BS and MS degrees in K-12 Physical Education and Health. Coach Kyle grew up in Sterling Park and graduated from Park View High School where he was the Loudoun County Swimmer of the year as well as a multiple time State Finalist in multiple events.
Currently Kyle is a Physical Education Teacher at Hillside Elementary School in Broadlands. In his spare time, he enjoys playing and watching sports, traveling, cooking and spending time with his wife (Crystal), daughter (Chloe), and dog (Sugar).
12 USA Olympic Trial Qualifiers
- 4 International Olympic Trials Qualifiers (Australia, UK, Mexico, S. Africa)
- 1 Mexican Nation Record Holder
- 3 NCAA All Americans
- 14 Honorable Mention All Americans
- 35 Individual Conference Champions
- 13 Relay Conference Champions
- 4 Big East/Big XII Conference Swimmers of the year
- 71 WVU School Records
- 16 Big East/Big XII Conference Records
- CSL Red Division Champions 2x
- CSL Blue Division Champion 1x
- CSL White Division Champion 1x
- NCWV Summer Champions 4x