There can NOT be a swim team without parent volunteers. You are a very vital and integral part of the summer swim team program.
Every Family is required to earn 6 points during the regular season. If your child swims Prelims, Finals or All-Stars you may be required to volunteer for those meets as well. We will charge $50 per point for those not fulfilled during regular season.
There are 90 events in a swim meet and each of the events will usually have at least 6 swimmers in multiple heats. The only way to get through a meet is with LOTS of help from YOU — our parents.
Below are the volunteer jobs and the points earned. We are looking for 10 people to get certified to be Stroke & Turn Judges. Each S&T shift will earn 3 points. So, if we are able to get 10 people certified only 2 shifts each will get you the required 6 points for the season! PLEASE consider signing up for this!!
- Announcer/DJ 2 pt per Home Meet
- Back Up Timers 1 pt per shift
- Concessions 1 pt per shift (am shift will require help setting up pm shift will require taking down)
- Heaters 1 pt per shift
- Hospitality 2 pts per Home Meet
- Labels/Ribbons 6 pts for entire season
- Runner 1 pt per shift
- Scoring Table Runner 1 pt per shift
- Scribes 2 pts per shift
- Stroke & Turn Judges 3 pts per shift (provided we get 10 people certified)
- Timers 1 pt per shift
- Volunteer Floater 1 pt entire meet (will fill in for any non certified job if we have a "no-show").
- If you have any questions or need additional information or if you know that you will be missing a swim meet (illness, vacation, etc) please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Kellie Isert 720-838-3890.