Who is a Poolshark?
· 4-18 year old swimmers who are able to swim at least one lap of the pool unassisted.
· Poolsharks practice Monday through Friday, working on stroke technique, legalizing strokes, or training, depending on their skill level.
· All Poolsharks will receive a participation medal at the end of the season.
Who is a Junior Shark?
· Younger children who swim unassisted, but may not be able to swim one lap of the pool comfortably.
· Junior Sharks are taught two competitive strokes, freestyle and backstroke, practicing Monday through Friday.
· At the coaches’ discretion, Junior Sharks may participate in meets, depending on experience and ability. The goal is to have all Junior Shark swimmers ready to participate in meets by the end of the season, so they can successfully graduate to Poolshark level for the following season. Some Junior Sharks may graduate to Poolshark practices before the end of the season.
· All Junior Sharks will receive a participation medal at the end of the season, whether or not they participated in meets.
Who is a Starfish?
· Starfish are younger children who cannot swim unassisted. These children will register for Starfish Group Lessons to learn to swim unassisted.
· The goal of Starfish is to teach children to learn to swim unassisted and to graduate to the Junior Shark level.