SWIM-A-THON UPDATE- MAY 1ST
Amount raised as of May 1st 2019: $27790 (46% of our club goal)
SWIM-A-THON UPDATE- APRIL 17TH
Amount raised as of April 17TH 2019: $9255.00 (14% of our club goal)
SWIM-A-THON 2019 IS HERE!
What is the first step in getting started with the fundraising efforts for the 2019 Swim-A-Thon?
Please go to our club link at www.bcswimathon.ca/vpsc and register your swimmer and start spreading the word to family, friends, business colleagues, social contacts and those that support the sport of swimming in our community, province and Canada.
This is sure to be one of the the highlight events of the year for our VPSC community! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
▪ Our Swim-A-Thon event will take place on May 11th at the UBC Aquatic Centre from 12:40-3pm
▪ Swimmers will have the chance to swim as far as possible in one hour, either individually or as a team, followed by some fun and games for all participants.
▪ Swimmers are welcome to collect pledges tied to their distance swum (for example, encouraging donors to pledge $2 for every 100m swum)
▪ The club will provide food and drinks for the event and give the opportunity for our members from ALL groups to meet up and socialize
▪ Swimmers unable to participate on the day of may be permitted to attempt the challenge during another practice
time at the discretion of their coach
To reach this goal amount, the prize amounts we have set for each individual swimmer are as follows:
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT GOLD / SILVER / BRONZE: $300
REGIONAL/YOUTH PROVINCIAL GROUPS: $400
PROVINCIAL / HIGH PERFORMANCE GROUPS: $500
PRIZE for All Swimmers who reach their Group Goal Amount
Limited Edition VPSC-Branded Hoodie
2019 Swim-A-Thon Bag Tag
PRIZE for All Swimmers who EXCEED their Group Goal Amount by $100+
Personalization for Limited Edition VPSC-Branded Hoodie
Entry into Draw for a NEW Racing Suit
PRIZE For Top Fundraiser and Most Donors in Each Group
VIP Pass to the Mel Zajac Jr. International Swim Meet
GRAND PRIZE For Top Fundraiser and Most Donors in the Entire Club
1-Hour Private Lesson with an Olympian!!!
HOW TO DONATE
We encourage all our swimmers to raise a minimum of $100 in support of our fundraising goal. We recommend reaching out to neighbours, family friends and family members to chip in any amount towards your goal or prize amount. Personal asks in person or by phone that connect with the reason behind the fundraising go a long way!
Answering why VPSC is important to you can help you enroll the support of as many people as possible. Swimmers will set up their own personal donation page through the Raise-A-Thon website, as well as will be given tools and information on how to help their fundraising efforts.