At Irish Aquatics, our team of swimmers, coaches and families truly embraces a love of all things swimming. Our coaching staff is dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of the sport and developing each swimmer throughout his or her career. Every member is valued and supported at every level and every member makes a difference. We strive to create a safe and positive learning environment in the pool where swimmers become dedicated, independent and goal oriented individuals who come together for the common interests of the team.
As a team, we fight to challenge ourselves in the pool and to do our best every time. As individuals, we fight for our beliefs and for others in our community. We encourage and motivate our swimmers are proud of their accomplishments, both in and out of the pool- our classroom for teaching the skills required for swimming and life.
We understand that winning is much more than coming in first place, and we are committed to helping each individual grow in skill, character and physical development. We believe that our swimmers should celebrate every win, whether learning a new stroke or qualifying for a championship meet. As a team, we celebrate our milestones and support each other in all ways possible to achieve those "wins." Our top priority is to make each swimmer a champion in all endeavors. Across all groups, we strive to instill confidence, knowledge and strength in our members so that these pillars of character can be carried throughout life.
At Irish Aquatics, we are very proud of what our swimmers have achieved, both individually and as a team! From our most senior swimmers to our newest, here are just some of the recent highlights:
- 2017 10 & Under Girls Short Course State Champions
- Individual High Point award winners at both the 2017 Short Course and Long Course Age Group State Meets
- 4 individual state champions at the 2017 Short Course and Long Course Age Group State Meets
- Swimmers continuing their swimming careers at Purdue University, St. Francis University, Saginaw Valley State University, West Virginia University, Eastern Michigan University and Olivet College
- Two swimmers selected for Indiana Swimming's Senior OTC Camp at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO
- One swimmer selected for the 2017 USA Swimming Zone Select Camp
- 1 NISCA All-American
- 1 USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
- 9 swimmers qualified for the 14 & Under Central Zone Championships in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- 4 swimmers qualified for the 2017 NCSA Summer Championships
- 1 swimmer qualified for the 2017 Speedo Junior National Championships
IA is a non profit club, is run by its elected Board of Directors and Parent Advisory Board which meets each month. All members are welcome at each meeting and encouraged to be involved in team activities and fundraisers. We are constantly growing and training young swimmers to maintain a well-rounded competitive swim team through short course and long course programs.
Matt Dorsch, Head Coach - Gold Group
Ben Snader, Head Age Group Coach - Silver Group
Brian Heintzberger, Assistant Coach - Gold/Silver Groups
Lisa Heintzberger, Assistant Coach - Bronze Group
Tim Welsh, Volunteer Coach - All Groups
Chris Walsh, Volunteer Coach - Gold Group
Noelle Klockner, Assistant Coach - Silver Group
Clare Gaylord, Assistant Coach - Green/Bronze Groups
Jan Morris, Bremen Coach - Silver/Gold Groups
Click here to read more about our coaches
Parent Advisory Board and Board of Directors
Mike Litzinger, Head Coach, University of Notre Dame Swimming, BOD member
Tim Welsh, Former Head Coach, University of Notre Dame Swimming, BOD member
Christie Hannewyk, PAB President, BOD member
Amanda Domalewski, PAB Secretary
Lisa Farrell, PAB Treasurer