Online registration for both age group swimmers and masters swimmers opens Tuesday, April 14th at 7:00 pm. Because some age groups fill fast, we strongly encourage you to register promptly. Like last year, you can register, pay, and sign the required documents directly on this website.
The Piranhas swim team is run by the City of Sun Prairie Parks and Recreation Department and is a member of the Tri-County swim league. The Piranhas booster club helps run many aspects of the team. To support the costs of running the team,each swimmer is required to pay a Booster Fee separate from the registration fees charged by the City. Registration information can be found in the Summer Fun Guide that the Recreation Office publishes in mid-March.
Per Tri-County Conference By-Laws, each team in the Conference, including Sun Prairie, is only allowed 7 non-resident families to participate on each team, each season. Once that number has been met, we will no longer be able to accept families that reside outside of the Sun Prairie School District. We apologize for this restriction.
- Team registration will open on this website on Tuesday, April 14 at 7 pm. All registration will be on this site. There is no need to go to the City to complete registration.
- Instructions on completing online registration can be found HERE. (Please note that these instructions reference 2013 but the process is the same this year.)
- The cost per swimmer is $170 for residents, $190 for non-residents
- The cost per swimmer for Masters is $68 for residents, $88 for non-residents
- The cost per swimmer for Unified swimmers (pre-approval required) is $68 for residents, $88 for non-residents
- If you have swimmers that will be swimming both Piranhas and Sun Prairie Storm this summer, a 10% discount on the booster club portion of the fee will be given (10% of $50 = $5 discount per swimmer)
- A cap will be applied to all age groups. We understand this could leave some children out, especially in the younger groups, but the City believes this must occur both from a practical perspective (only so many swimmers can effectively be coached at one time) and for safety reasons
- If a group fills up, you will have the option to add your swimmer to a wait list, with no payment required unless a spot opens
- The following minimum requirements will be enforced:
- 8&Under: 25 meters with rhythmic breathing
- 9-10: 50 meters with rhythmic breathing
- Payment is required during registration (unless on a wait list) and is by credit/debit card only
If you encounter issues during registration, please email email@example.com.
City of Sun Prairie Recreation and Aquatics Office Information
Open Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Westside Community Service Building 2nd floor
2598 West Main Street, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
An informational parent meeting will be held at the City's Westside Community Services Building (2598 W. Main St.) on Sunday, March 15. The meeting for new families will be at 7:00pm.
Sunday, April 26, 4:00-5:30pm (last names A-L) and 5:30-7:00 (last names M-Z)
West Side Community Building
Simply Swimming will be at the suit fittings to help your swimmers make sure to get a good fit. Team suits are changed every two years, so that families do not need to consider buying a team suit yearly. This year is not a new suit year. If you happen to miss the suit fitting, you can go to their Middleton location and they would be happy to help you find a suit.