Some swimmers after a few days of practice decide that the swim team isn't for them. Also on occasion the coaches decide that a swimmer isn't ready for the swim team. Because of this we have established the following refund policy for registration fees (this policy does not cover swimsuits or other gear purchased):
- Swimmers that leave the team by choice by the end of the first week of practice we refund all but $10 of the registration fee. The $10 covers the fees charged to us by our web site company.
- Swimmers that leave the team by choice by the end of the second week of practice will be refunded 50% of their registration fees.
- Swimmers that leave the team because the coach determines they are not ready for the swim team will be refunded all but $10 of their registration fees.
- Swimmers that leave the team because of disciplinary issues or by choice after the second week of practice will not be issued a refund.
Swimmer Conduct Policy
With the size of our team and our practice schedule we try to maximize the teaching time we have with the swimmers. In order for us to achieve our best as a swim team, we have established the following swimmer conduct policy.
- The pool, including the zero entry play area, is only open to swimmers that are scheduled to be in the water for practice.
- Swimmers must listen to the coaches. Practice time is not play time. If swimmers are diving under water or distracting other swimmers, neither will achieve their best.
- Swimmers must to adhere to all City of Maumelle Rules governing the swim area. This includes no running on the deck and no outside beverages other than water allowed in the pool area.
- All swimmers are expected to obey the directions of the lifeguards. They are on duty for everyone's safety.
- After practice time is over, swimmers should walk around the pool deck to their parents. They are not to swim or wade across the pool.
Swimmers not adhering to this policy will be asked to leave the pool area.
Repeated violations of this policy will result in the swimmer being asked to leave the team and registration fees will not be refunded.
Parent Conduct Policy
It takes the involvement of all parents for our swim team to run smoothly and be successful. This requires that parents make sure their child adheres to the swimmer policy. In addition, we need all parents to volunteer to work part of the swim meets.
- Parents and families are required to adhere to all City of Maumelle Rules governing the swim area. This includes no running on the deck and no outside beverages, other than water, allowed in the pool area.
- Everyone is expected to obey the directions of the lifeguards. They are on duty to provide for everyone's safety.
- The pool deck at either end of the pool is closed to parents during practice. This area is open to coaches and other authorized personnel only.
- At swim meets, families are expected to follow the rules and procedures sent to us by the host team.
- Parents are required to volunteer during swim meets. Each position is criticial to our meets running smoothly! Details regarding volunteer positions are commuincated throughout the swim season.