Open & Family Swim at the Peddie Pool
Click here for directions to the Peddie Pool.
- Entrance to the pool is through the appropriate locker room.
- The WOMEN'S LOCKER ROOM is the first corridor on your left.
- The MEN'S LOCKER ROOM is the second corridor on your left.
- Please leave your street shoes in the locker room to keep our pool deck clean.
- Everyone must SHOWER before entering the pool as per the NJ Bathing Code.
Pool Closure Dates - See "News" on our homepage for Emergency Closings
- Sun. Oct. 9, 2016, Pool closing at 12:30 pm for a swim meet at 2:00 pm (free admission).
- Sat. Oct. 22, 2016, Pool closing at 2:00 pm for a swim meet at 3:00 pm (free admission.)
- Sun. Oct. 23, 2016, Pool closing at 12:30 pm for a swim meet at 2:00 pm (free admission.)
- Fri. Nov. 4, 2016, No evening Open & Family Swim due to Peddie School event.
- Fri. Nov. 18-Sun. Nov. 20, No Open & Family Swim due to a swim meet. (Admission $8)
- Wed. Nov. 23, 2016, No evening Open Swim. Pool closing at 7:00 pm
- Thur. Nov. 24, 2016, Pool closed all day.
Open & Family Swim Schedule beginning Sep. 6, 2016
|Open Swim (Adults only)
|11 am - 4:00 pm
||8 am-4:00 pm
Family & Youth Swim Rules:
Family Swim hours are for recreational swimming under the supervision of certified lifeguards. Children who pass the SWIM TEST (25 yards freestyle without stopping & treading for 1 minute) may swim without a parent in the water, but a parent must remain on the pool deck for supervision. All children who do not pass the swim test must be accompanied in the water by a parent. Youth aged 10-17 who have passed the SWIM TEST may swim during these times w/out a parent present on deck. Parents who chose to remain on the pool deck must remain seated on the benches. You may not stand at the edge of the pool.
Membership Options: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE BEFORE your first swim!
- Annual Individual** - $370 (Adults 18-62), $300 (Adults 63 & up)
- Monthly Individual - $37 (Adults 18-62), $30 (Adults 63 & up), available 1st-10th of month.
- Daily Individual** - $25 to register (All Adults), then $5 per swim
- Daily Family Swim - $5 per person/day, max of $15 per family/day during Family Swim times only. Children who cannot pass the swim test must be accompanied in the water by a parent. You may only register YOUR OWN CHILDREN, not your nieces, nephews, neighbors, etc.
- Daily Youth (ages 12-17) - $5 per person/day during Family Swim times only.
- Guest - $8 for the 1st swim, then must select a membership option at the 2nd visit.
** Renewable on your anniversary date.
Etiquette for Lap Swimming:
One lane can easily accommodate 6-8 swimmers, if all adhere to the Circle Swimming Policy. Swim on the right side of the lane at all times (all swimmers move up on one side of the lane and back down on the other side in a circular fashion). For safety reasons, we recommend passing another swimmer only at the walls, rather than in the middle of the lane. As you approach the wall, tap the feet of the swimmer you wish to pass. Incumbent swimmers have the initial right of way, but not a right to ‘own’ the lane. Always enter the pool feet first, no diving. Use of the starting blocks is prohibited during open swim.