Serving communities, schools, organizations, teams, and individuals throughout Western NY, Velocity Aquatics is dedicated to providing the best swim instruction services to non, new, and experienced swimmers of all ages and abilities via group lessons, private instruction, camps, clinics, and other programming.
Our Mission: To develop champions in life through a commitment to excellence in sport.
For more advanced swimmers, Velocity Aquatics offers a Recreational / Non-Competitive Swim Program as well as a transitional team for those looking to make the move to Velocity.
Here we will provide swimmers a unique opportunity to be coached by experienced Coaches and participate with others with similar abilities and goals. During the practices, proper stroke mechanics and race skills for all four strokes (Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Freestyle) are taught and reinforced while overall fitness levels are developed both in the water and on land. The use of video as a teaching tool is introduced, as are other teaching tools (fins, etc.). Swimmers also participate in fun water games and other team building activities designed to foster friendships, teamwork and confidence.
For some, this program serves as a bridge between a lesson program and our competitive swim club or a school team. For others, it is simply the perfect opportunity to remain active and involved in the wonderful sport of swimming!
Practices/Week: 3 X 1 Hour practices/week and one 30-minute practice are offered. Practices are NOT mandatory...they are offered for flexibility & opportunity as we know that children are involved in many activities.
- Monday @ the Swim School - 7:30 - 8:30 PM
- Tuesday: Starts & Turn Clinic - 5:30pm - 6pm @ Sweet Home Middle School
- Wednesdays @ the Swim School - 7:30 - 8:30 PM
- Sunday practice from 9am- 10:00am at Sweet Home HS.
- The weekend practice can change and is not always available every weekend. Please see the practice schedule HERE. The rec team practices are noted on the calendar and are updated if ever there are changes.
The Swim School is located at 1590 Hopkins Rd, Amherst (across from Williamsville North High School)
Sweet Home Middle School is located at 4150 Maple Rd, Amherst.
Sweet Home High School is located 1901 Sweet Home Rd, Amherst
Membership Cost = $96/Month
Fee will be charged to your payment method on file on the first of each month
To register, a child must be at least 6 years old and be able to swim freestyle & backstroke for a length of the pool (doesn't need to be perfect). Swimmers should be evaluated prior to joining, or email us (email@example.com) background information about the swimmers swimming experience and we can guide you.
To Cancel a Membership, a Member must request & submit (in person) a written Cancellation Request Form 30 days prior to the billing date in which you want to end your childs swim membership.
- Email or phone/verbal cancellation notifications are NOT accepted.
- Monthly class fees will not be refunded in the case that a Member’s account is charged due to the Member’s failure to follow the documented cancellation process.
- Memberships Fees will not be pro-rated or refunded if officially ending a membership prior to the last class of a month.
Register online in the Lesson Sign-Up section of our website!