- What is masters swimming?
- Masters Swimming is a successful blend of fitness and competitive swimming for adults (18 years of age and over). The regular structured workouts use techniques of interval training in an atmosphere of fun, fitness, friendship and participation! Individuals who find it difficult to stick with a self-imposed, keep-fit routine will find it easier to maintain a Masters Swimming program
- Who can join DASC Masters?
- Anyone 18 years of age or over who has basic swimming ability and can comfortably swim a few lengths of the pool. It is NOT necessary to have previous experience in competitive swimming. Practices are held Mon/Wed/Fri 5:30-7:00a.m. at the Denton Natatorium. You may come to as many practices a week as you wish or schedule allows. The monthly fee is $55.00. Please contact us for more information.
- Can I try it first?
- Sure! The first 3 practices are complimentary for new swimmers to experience the team and see how thing work at DASC. After your 3 practices, you can join for our monthly rate, or drop in any time for $10 per practice.
- Do I have to compete?
- No! Most Masters swim for fitness, gaining stroke improvement and motivation from the instruction a coach provides. Members join for their own reasons, participating in various club activities only if they wish to. Progress can be a measure of increased distance swum, fewer rest periods needed to finish a distance or a general feeling of well-being after a workout.
- How often are practices and what’s the cost?
- Where do we swim?
- What if I’m slow or just learning?
- We have swimmers of all abilities, from novices to experienced competitors. Our coaching staff will help you improve your skills and offer advice to all swimmers, not just the fast ones. And you don't need to be able to swim all the strokes to join! Don't be afraid to ask for help. All swimmers will swim in a lane with others of comparable ability and speed. With a little effort and tenacity, you'll be surprised how quickly you improve!
- What are the workouts like?
- Mondays are interval /stroke work, Wednesdays are sprint days, and Fridays are distance oriented. Generally, our workouts incorporate all strokes with a coach giving careful instruction and doling out encouragement from the deck .
- What is USMS?
- U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS) is a national organization that provides organized workouts, competitions, clinics and workshops for adults aged 18 and over. In order to compete in swim meets you are required to become a member. Besides, there’s a ton of benefits – learn more.
- What is USAT?
- USA Triathlon is the sanctioning authority for more than 3,000 diverse events, ranging from grassroots to high-profile races nationwide. The organization works to create interest and participation in a variety of programs, including camps, clinics, races and educational opportunities. USA Triathlon's 130,000-strong membership is comprised of athletes of all ages, coaches, officials, parents and fans striving to strengthen multisport. To compete in some or our open water swims, membership might be required. Learn more about the benefits of USAT.