Parent Volunteer Expectations
- Each family to complete 12 points. (Unless you only have a Mini Sea Dragon or a 15 and up Swimmer) This is to ensure we can run our meets and social events safely and smoothly.
- Families must commit to ½ their points needed by June 26th and on their way to completion. If this is not done, you will get a phone call and your child(ren) can no longer attend practice or compete in the following meets until this issue is resolved. PLEASE do not put your child in this position!
- Review the job list on the website under the Volunteer tab for explanations of specific jobs we need at the meets and for social engagements. Different jobs have different amounts of points achievable. You get to choose how you want to do it.
- If you have a question…ask! Email us or stop us at the pool.
- If you have a special need…ask! Email us or stop us at the pool.
- If you cannot complete your job, you must find your replacement and email their name to us. The sign-ups will be closed when they are full. You will not be able to add or remove yourself.
- There is absolutely no alcohol consumption allowed at swim meets. This is a children’s event and should be treated as so. This is a TSA (Tar heel Swim Association) rule. If you are found to have consumed alcohol, you will be asked to leave immediately and you will not receive any volunteer points for that meet.
- If you choose a position including: set up, take down, parking, or technology please contact, Mischa Locklear, our Meet Director, for instructions and questions.
- Volunteers must check in prior to the meet.
- Volunteers must remain at their post the entire shift.
- Each family must volunteer no matter how many meets their swimmers participate in.
- Volunteers cannot bring small children with them to the meet, with the exception of dragon tamers. No other volunteer position can be done effectively while watching a small child.
- Volunteers are responsible for finding a substitute if they are unable to fulfill their duties.
- If volunteers do not fulfill their volunteer responsibility or find a substitute, their children will not be allowed to swim in the next meet unless a waiver is granted by the Cary Park Swim Team Board of Directors.
*To check your points: click on the tab at the top of this page labeled "Sign Up Page", then click on the Reports button, next is Job Sign up Report for my account. Make sure you put in dates that span the entire swim season and click on search.