--New Swim Families--
Come see what we're all about!
NEW SWIMMER EVALUATION WEEK Fall 2019:
Monday, September 9th - 5:45 to 6:45 pm
Wednesday, September 11th - 5:45 to 6:45 pm
At the Ashwaubenon Community Pool (Google map)
Bring your suit, goggles, and a towel. Come be evaluated for your readiness for the team and see what practices are like. Please plan to have your swimmer attend as many of the sessions above as possible.
Who can be invited to join?
Due to Ashwaubenon Park & Rec co-sponsorship of ASC, registration is limited to Ashwaubenon residents, and students school-choiced in Ashwaubenon schools.
Evaluation Criteria for Entrance to ASC
(Junior Jaguar/MS Jaguar levels)
- swim 6x25 yards freestyle comfortably and consecutively on 10 seconds rest, keeping face in water, side breathing, and without stopping
- swim 6x25 yards backstroke comfortably and consecutively on 10 seconds rest and without stopping
- 25's streamline kick on back and belly holding streamline body position throughout and without stopping
- kick 50 yards flutter kick with a kickboard in 1:40 or faster
- deep water safe
- Excellent focus and listening skills while in a group, positive willingness to try all skills
- Swimmers who have been on a swim team before (such as HS swim team) should contact coaches directly for appropriate placement
Please contact Coach Katie at ASCcoachkatie@asc-wi.com for any questions about swimmers ability ranges or specific info on what happens at new swimmer evaluation week. We'd love to have you come join us!
New Parent Orientation Meeting for Families
Tuesday, September 17th
5:30 pm meeting in poolside classroom
New Swimmer Week Participation Form
(Complete and bring first day)
Swim Team Brochure
New Swimmer Week Flyer
New Family FAQ
Online registration for swimmers new to the team will open Sept 12th - Sept 18th, link here: