Lincoln Select Swimming is seeking a part-time assistant age group swim coach. Under the direction of the head swim coach, the assistant coach will lead our athletes during practices and meets, instructing and inspiring our swimmers in a positive manner. Three to five evening shifts per week are required, which may range from one to three hours depending on the age group.
- Lifeguard and CPR/First?]aid certified (Red Cross)
- USA Swimming Coach Certification (Completed background check, Safe Sport Policy, etc
- Minimum of 1-3 years of coaching experience
Inquiries should be sent to Head Coach Nicole Sheets (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Swim Omaha Swim Coach Position
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
- Plans and implements age-appropriate practices based on Swim Omaha values and development standards.
- Guides children through the program by building achievement and fostering relationships.
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with swimmers, parents and other coaching staff.
- Attend staff meetings and host parents meetings.
- Prior swim coaching and competitive swimming experience is preferred.
- Organize and direct swim practices for all levels and abilities.
- Valid driver’s License and Background Check required.
- USA Swimming coaching credentials can be updated upon hire.
- Ability to work with and supervise age group swimmers
- Demonstrated leadership, dependability and flexibility in work hours. Including weekends.
About Swim Omaha
Swim Omaha is a club that is here to provide swimmers, of all ages and different organizations, the opportunity to compete as a unified group of Omaha residents and to elevate their swimming to the highest level possible in USA Swimming. We measure program effectiveness by increasing the number of swimmers who successfully compete in all four strokes.
Midland University, a private, Christian, liberal arts university in Fremont, Nebraska (just outside of metro Omaha), is seeking a Swimming Graduate Assistant. This position will be offered within our graduate assistant structure, requiring admission to the University's Master of Education, Master of Science Adult and Organizational Learning or Master of Business Administration programs. In addition to the academic responsibilities, the candidate will be responsible for contributing to various aspects of the swimming program, including assistant coaching, program administration, practice preparation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach. The person who holds this position will receive tuition remission from the University and potentially a campus meal plan, free campus housing and monthly stipend. The level of tuition remission, meal plan, housing and stipend are dependent on degree pursued.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and retaining students for the swimming program
- Conducting coaching and instruction activities during training, practice and competition
- Creating and implementing swimming training programs
- Coordinating conditioning, practice and competition schedules
- Assisting with team travel
- Continuously ensuring personal behavior and program reputation are in alignment with Midland University's mission and core values
- Other duties as assigned
- Coach Fremont Area Swim team during the summer season (contingent on FAST's approval)
- Help driving to away competitions (CDL with passenger and air break endorsement)
- Help the continued growth of excellence within a top-20 women's team and a top-10 men's team.
Need to have:
- Minimum of 4 years of collegiate swimming experience (as a coach or as an athlete)
- Availability to work flexible schedule including some nights and weekends, as well as travel with sport teams for away contests and recruiting
- USA Swimming Non-athlete membership
- Familiarity with Collegiate & USA swimming rules
Strong preference for those with:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- USA Swimming Coaching Certification
- National level swimming experience
- Experience recruiting high school and/or college student athletes
Required skills and traits:
- A positive attitude
- Strong relationship building skills
- A self-starter
- Ability to resolve issues independently
- Deep understanding of technical and training fundamentals of swimming
- Ability to talk with prospective athletes and their families via email, SMS, Skype, phone and in person.
- Tuition Remission in the master's program. Level of remission is dependent on degree pursued
- Free campus meal plan (15 meals per week) dependent on degree pursued
- Monthly stipend dependent on degree pursued
- Potential for free on-campus housing dependent on degree pursued
- YMCA membership
Here is the link to the application: https://midland.applicantpro.com/jobs/1037052.html