OPEN WATER COMMITTEE
The Open Water Committee is a committee of the Board of Directors of CIASA which works to develop and organise open water swimming events.
The Cayman Islands, with its pristine beaches and crystal clears waters, is the ideal location for open water swimming. Touted as one of the most scenic beaches in the world, the famous Seven Mile Beach is the main venue for the Sea swims.
Check the Event calendar and Open Water drop down menu for more information on upcoming events and past results.
Terms of Reference
The Committee's Terms of Reference are as follows:
- Liaise with the Technical Director, Club Presidents and the Flowers Group regarding the annual open water calendar;
- Liaise with sea swim sponsors prior to and after their event;
- Design, and order, swim caps, t-shirts and awards for each sea swim;
- Organise volunteers for sea swim ensuring we have adequate personnel to run an event;
- Support the Flowers open water events; and
- Support clubs’ open water events.
Historical Race Results
CIBC 800m Swims
Texaco 800m Swims