Dixon Dolphins Head Coach
The Dixon Dolphins Head Coach is in charge of overseeing all aspects of establishing, training, competing and managing the swim team, which includes both administrative and actual coaching duties. Work with all coaches to develop, maintain, and implement a safe swim program for all age groups involved, including training and events that are off-site and not at regularly scheduled times. Able to create and submit meet entries for any meet (home and away) when needed, on time as specified in the NCSL by-laws and dual meet regulations and must be familiar with the use of computer systems. In collaboration with the Board, assist in planning and attends events related to the swim team, including team registration events, pre-season meetings with parents, clinics, and social events. Monitor and evaluate performance of assistant coaches and student coaches. Accuracy, time management, and communication skills are vital. Must demonstrate professionalism, maturity, leadership skills and integrity.
- Attend all scheduled meets, practices, and designated meetings.
- Structure, organize, and lead practice plan for all age groups.
- Provide direct supervision of all other assistant coaches and student coaches, and ensure they are performing all job duties.
- Maintain positive, open communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, and the Board.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to swim meets, swimmer eligibility, stroke and turn, and other related technical aspects of competitive swimming.
- Experience seeding meets and using team/meet management tools.
- Knowledge of the proper use and maintenance of the pool facilities and training equipment
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
Minimum Experience required:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of previous competitive swim coaching experience. Experience as Head Coach preferred.
- Ability to develop and lead a practice plan for swimmers in all age groups.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service in all interactions.
- Ability to communicate with, and instruct children ages 3-18.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, other coaches, and city personnel if needed.
- Ability to train, direct, and motivate the assistant coaches and student coaches.
- Must have a high level of understanding of the sport of recreational swimming and ability to inspire swimmers to reach their goals.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure.
- Ability to learn the use of Meet Manager, Team Manager, Team Unify, MS Word, and MS Excel software
- Ability to swim efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to stay in the water for multiple hours straight.
- Ability to handle outdoor temperature extremes and wet environments.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- All candidates will be subject to passing a pre-employment background check.
- Opportunity to coach Fall and Spring/Summer Swim, and off-season swim clinics
- Pay is hourly, dependent on experience.