FOR A LIST OF OUR UPCOMING MEETS, CLICK HERE >
How do you prepare for a Swim Meet?
Here are some helpful hints for preparing for a swim meet.
- GOOD NIGHT SLEEP - Get a good night’s rest the night before a meet
- WAKE UP EARLY - Wake up early enough on a meet day to eat breakfast
- SUNSCREEN - Apply waterproof sunscreen all over your body (even on overcast days)
- ARRIVE EARLY - Get to the meet early to find a shady spot to set up your gear and have plenty of warm-up time
What to bring to a Swim Meet?
- TEAM SWIM SUIT - High school or other swim team suits are not allowed at meets.
- TEAM CAP - High school or other swim team suits are not allowed at meets.
- TOWELS (2) - Bring at least two towels.
- WATER BOTTLE
- HEALTHY SNACK
- WARM CLOTHES (sweats, socks, shoes)
- SLEEPING BAG / BLANKET / CHAIR
- SHADY HAT
- PERMANENT MARKER - Bring a pen or permanent marker to write events / heats / lanes on your hand.
...and don’t forget to bring a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and your TEAM SPIRIT!
What to do at a Swim Meet?
- STAY DRY & WARM - Stay dry and warm in between swims on cold days
- STRETCH OUT - Stretch out after each event
- DRINK WATER - Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- REVIEW RACES WITH COACHES - While not required it is highly recommended to review your performance with the coaches after each race