Registration (The Shorter Version)
Registration Dates (eligibility found HERE):
||Who can register?
|4/6/20 (12:00pm) - 4/10/20
||Wheatlands Residents only (any)
||New to Team
|4/11/20 (12:00pm) - 4/14/20
||Returning 2019 Sharks Families (only)
|4/15/20 (12:00pm) - 4/19/20
||Open enrollment for any new or returning families
||Any swimmers may register
Registration outside of your designated group will result, without notice, in your registration being removed and your fees refunded (Info HERE).
For the 2020 season, we are following the guidelines of our local pool, as well as that of the Mountain Hi Swim League (MHSL). As of 3/27/2020, we are still planning on a full season, with 5 dual meets, Championship meet, and All Stars. Changes to this schedule will be out of our control and dictated by the MHSL, the YMCA (manager of our pool), as well as local, state and federal government. If our season is abbreviated, the WSST board will discuss options for prorated returns of membership fees (not including fixed costs) that are in alignment with an abbreviated season. If our season is canceled prior to starting, membership fees (not including fixed costs) will be refunded. Fixed Costs: Fixed costs associated with your membership fees are team tshirts ($15), team swimsuits (cost as per registration), and team caps (cost as per registration). Because these are items we purchase and customize, we cannot refund the fees for these items. If our season is abbreviated, canceled, or if you sign up and then choose to not swim, we will not refund these costs, these items will be yours to keep.
Full Registration Information is detailed below (scroll down).
Rules and guidelines we expect you to know that you have agreed to by registering for the team are HERE.
Registration (The Long Version)
Fees and Discounts
The 2020 membership fees are:
- $200 for the first swimmer 14 and under
- $175 for each additional swimmer 14 and under.
- Swimmer(s)15 or older pay $120 each
There are scholarships available for those families in need. The Scholarship Guidelines & Scholarship Applications are located in the Documents section of this web-site.
Wheatlands Residents: Sign up begins on 04/06/20 at 12pm, and will remain open until 8:00pm on 04/10/20. Both new & returning Wheatlands residents can register to the team. This does not include the surrounding communities around Wheatlands (e.g. Beacon’s Point).
2019 Team Members: Sign up for returning team members will open on 04/11/20 at 12pm. Returning team members will be able to sign up new siblings at this time as well. **Please note: If you are a former (non-resident) team member from 2018 or prior, you register with the "New Member" registration group as described below.**
New Members (or former team members from 2018 and prior): If space is available, at large registration will open on 04/15/20 at 12pm.
Registration will close when the team is full or on 04/19/20, whichever is first.
Please note: If you register outside of your specific group (e.g. you are not a Wheatlands resident and you register during the Wheatlands priority registration) your registration will be removed and any monies paid will be refunded. It takes about a week for the money to get back to your credit card. We verify the registration groups and every year we must remove a family that has registered incorrectly. Don't let this be you. Registrations will be removed first and then you will be notified. If you have any questions on what your group should be, contact us.
If you wish to be placed on our waitlist, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Waitlist will not be started until the team is full.
The swim team is open to any swimmer between the ages of 5 - 18 as of June 1, 2020: who can swim one length of the pool unassisted. Unassisted, meaning no physical help from another person. It is just a matter of propelling themselves across the pool, whether they doggy-paddle the whole way or have to stop and have a rest on the lane line, or both!
The 2020 Meet Schedule can be found HERE.
1. MHSL INSURANCE WAIVER: Your membership on the team will not be approved unless you agree to the insurance waiver during registration.
2. VOLUNTEER SIGN UP: Each family is required to work a minimum of 7 REGULAR SEASON shifts (no more than 2 per meet), no exceptions! If you are not able to volunteer your time, this is not the team for you. Our team needs our parents as much as we do our swimmers to be successful. You can find the Volunteer Job Descriptions on the website, and determine the kind of job that you would like to work. Jobs are based on availability, however, and sign-ups will occur during the season, so look for more sign-up information when the season starts.
3. POST SEASON ACTIVITIES: Our team will participate in post-season activities of a Preliminaries/Finals Championship meet. This meet will take place over the course of three days. ALL swimmers are encouraged to participate in the Championships meet by swimming at preliminaries and potentially qualifying for finals. Please check the meet schedule for the dates of these events.
4. TEAM T-SHIRTS : Although you can choose a wider range of sizes, we will only have the following T-Shirt sizes available: Youth Small, Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large, and Adult Extra Large -or- YS, YM, YL, AS, AM, AL, AXL. When in doubt, order a size larger. If you choose a size that is NOT available, you will be sized UP to the next available size. There will be no exchanges of t-shirts for incorrect sizing.
5. SWIMSUIT FITTING:
Swimsuit fittings days will be on TBD during Stroke Clinics (3:00-5:00pm) at Grandview High School. Due to responses to Covid-19, there will be no swimsuit fittings in 2020. When in doubt, order a size SMALLER. Suits have a tendency to stretch and you do not want it too loose. Suit fitting guidelines can be found HERE.
6. SWIMSUIT/CAPS: Swimsuits and caps will be purchased DURING your registration. Detailed information about how this will work during registration can be found HERE. Swimsuits are a required piece of team equipment. Swim caps are optional. You will not be able to register if you do not purchase a swimsuit. There will be no other cap order other than this order.
7. SPIRIT WEAR: Spirit wear will be offered for sale AFTER we have registered and seated the team, a few weeks after registration.
8. CREDIT CARD: We only accept Visa and Mastercard. If you do not have a credit card, please go to your bank or local grocery store and purchase a gift card to cover the fees.
9. REFUND POLICY: Refunds will be issued, as required, by arrangement with our Treasurer, Scott Drakulich. Refunds will not include fixed costs of team shirt ($15), or team suit/caps/spirit wear.
10. Any questions during the registration process, please contact us via email.
11. Make sure you print or save a copy of your Registration Receipt for your records.
We are looking forward to another wonderful season with lots of fun and good competition for our swimmers. If you have any questions or comments about registering for the upcoming season, please contact us. You may also feel free to reach out to any Sharks Board member at any time and they are happy to assist.
Want to join the Sharks and have some questions:
Please keep track of your User Name and Password. If you are new to the team, you will need to create an account during the registration process. You will need to access this registration site again throughout the season to manage your volunteer shifts and enter your swimmers in the dual meet.
Please Note: Wheatlands Sharks are an independent swim team and we are not affiliated with the YMCA.