TEAM REMINDERS: 11/12
Great leaders do not set out to be a leader…They set out to make a difference. It’s never about the role – always about the goal.
Practice / Calendar Notes:
- November Calendars are posted under the “Calendar” tab of the website.
- Thursday, November 15 – all groups munch-out and poster making during the last 15 minutes of practice. Bring a health snack to share.
Air Quality: We will be monitoring air quality this week and if it is appropriate to cancel any practices, we will send out email/text messages. As always, we operate with the assumption that all practices will occur as scheduled and are not likely to send out any cancellation message prior to 2:00pm.
Text Message Alerts: If you have not taken the opportunity to verify your cell phone in order to receive text message alerts you are encouraged to log on to the team website and under "My Account" - "My Account" - add a SMS (text) number in the contact information and save. The click on the "Unverified" that appears above the added number and follow the steps to verify your number.
Friday, November 16 & Saturday, November 17: WAC Tri-Meet (Rocklin)
- 5100 Sierra College Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95677
- Friday PM will be 4:30pm warm-ups. Meet estimated to run 5:30-7:30pm.
- Saturday AM will be 9:00am warm-ups with the meet starting at 10:00am. All 13&overs will swim 2 events again in "finals" an hour after the end of the morning session.
- Friday = Tie Dye Team Shirt. Saturday = Maroon team shirt. All swimmers warm-up and compete in team suit and team swim cap.
- Parent timer & official shifts will be posted once we know how many our team is assigned to provide.
Friday, December 7 thru Sunday December 9: EGAC Matt Casto (SacCity)
- Hosted by EGAC at the indoor Sac City College Pool: 3835 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822
- Friday is an evening session with warm-ups at 4:30pm and the meet starting at 5:30pm. Most 11&ups should be swimming the 1650.
- Saturday and Sunday are split session with 11&overs in the early session with a 7:30am warmup and 8:30am meet start. 10&unders will be in the afternoon - likely 12:30pm warmup and 1:00pm meet start.
- Everyone is encouraged to log on the team website and review their approved entries for EGAC. The event file we used was not the final file and there were some events which were switched between Saturday and Sunday. The meet is still open so it may be possible for us to make changes if appropriate.
Parkas: Orders are done online. Click on the link and order anytime. NSS PARKAS Orders take 4-6 weeks! Order now to keep your swimmer warm when the weather changes.
Silicone Caps: Current order is being processed!! Download and complete order form. Turn in to Coach Daryn for the next round of caps. Silicone Cap Order Form.
Facebook - Northern Sierra Swimming Facebook Page! Whenever you post pictures of your swimmers be sure to tag @NorthernSierraSwimming.