2014 NC Open Water Championships
June 6, 7, 2014
Lake Echo, Seven Lakes, NC
This meet is the qualifying meet for NC Open Water Select Camp:
Top 4 male/female finishers in 5K (age 15-rising HS senior), 3K (13-14), 2K(11-12), 800 M (10 & U).
Open to all USA Swimming registered members. Single event membership forms available below.
- Biggest change this year...coaches and parents please note:
- ALL SWIMMERS, INCLUDING BUDDIES, MUST BE REGISTERED WITH USA SWIMMING. NC Swimming now has USA Swimming single meet memberships available for open water meets.
- Registration and payment for Single Meet Membership must be received by Barb Frith by May 27, 2014.
- Race event registration for non-club swimmers is available at FSSeries.com.
- No event registration is required for buddies; however, buddies DO need to complete Single Meet registration and send full name (First, Last, Middle initial) and birthdate to Meet Director (Susannecooper@gmail.com) so they can be included in Meet Manager for recon.
USA Swimming Single Meet Registration
Proof of Age (needed if single event registrant isn't 18)
Meet Information/NC Swimming Sanction
USA Swimming Sanction
Carolina Cup Open Water Swim--Sept. 7, 2013
2K/3K races at Lake Echo, Seven Lakes, NC
RESULTS (link to FSSeries)
3K 15-18 Female 3K 15-18 Male 3K College Female 3K College Male
3K 13-14 Female 3K 13-14 Male
2K 10-12 Female 2K 10-12 Male 2K All (includes Open)
Champs in 3K: Ashley Twichell and Alex Meyer!!
- From 211: Turn right onto 7 Lakes Drive if coming from Pinehurst; Left if coming from Charlotte.
- Turn left at Gate onto Dogwood. Say that you are with the OW Carolina Cup.
- Turn left onto Shenandoah, then right onto Edgewater. There is a lot for the health and fitness center and a soccer field where people can park just past Pineneedle drive..
- Continue down Edgewater til it ends at Firetree. Dam is to your right.
Meet information NC Sanction with updated race info
Sign Up Online (for Sandhills Sandshark swimmers only!)
Sandhills Sandsharks hosts the 2nd Annual Carolina Cup Open Water Swim, with 2K, 3K races, and a collegiate Team Pursuit Relay. The races follow the North Carolina Open Water Select Camp. The Carolina Cup is open to only 300 USAS swimmers.
Open Water 10K Champ and Olympian Alex Meyer will be challenging the first wave of the 3K race. Meyer captured the 2013 National 10K champion, 10th place in the 10K 2012 Olympic games, and the gold in the 2010 25K Open Water World Championships.
Ashley Twichell will also be in the 3K: she is the 2011 5K Gold Medalist (Team Event), 2011 5K Bronze Medalist (Individual), 2011 5K USA Swimming National Champion. Bronze in the 2011 10K. 2013 World University Games Gold Medalist.
A clinic for Open Water Officials will be held during the day for anyone interested in certification, free of charge.
Team pursuit relays for participating colleges will follow the 2k race
Meet Information--USAS Sanction (see NC version above for updated race times).
Results from NC Open Water Champs, June 2013
Open water unofficial results: If someone is missing, send us chip number, name and race. We are working on back up tapes
400 M Open
3K womens 13/14
3K Mens 13/14
2K womens 11/12
2K mens 11/12
800 womens 10/U
800 mens 10/U
800 M Buddy Swim
2013 NC Open Water Champs Information:
Sandhills Sandsharks will host the NC 2013 Open Water Championships May 31--June 1, 2013 at Lake Echo, Seven Lakes, NC.
This event brings over 600 swimmers from multiple states to compete in open water events ranging from 400M to 5K.
- The Burns Family
- Henry Orthodontics
- Peking Wok
- Pinehurst Surgical Sports Medicine
- Vein and Vascular Center Pinehurst Surgical
- 400M - Peking Wok
- 800M - Osorio Family
- 1 mile - Laura Wellener Dental
- 2K - Ellliott's on Linden
- 3K - Christa Duffy/CMD Properties
- 5K - Dargan Moore Edward Jones
- Poseidon - Housemaster
Open Water Parent 101 info for Race
Directions: Google Maps location is Seven Lakes Number one, Seven Lakes, NC.
- Friday afternoon parking will be by the lake/course
- Saturday parking will be at the Seven Lakes Stables, located on Seven Lakes Drive, just before the gates leading into the community. We run a shuttle from the parking lot to the lake; please allow time for this.
Swimmers coming without a coach or who are swimming independent of a USA team can register at :
Meet information for NON-USA Swimmers
Meet Information for USA Swimmers (non USA swimmers, please see FS series for registration)
TM File (for coaches only)
Sanctioning Information for USA Swimming
Lake Echo Map
Sandshark parent information is listed with this event under the meets tab
Seven Lakes is offering a golf package, along with grill service, for anyone attending the meet!
Open Water Cup Sept. 8, 2012 at Lake Echo, Seven Lakes, NC.