How do I sign up for a meet?
Click on the Events tab, highlight the meet you want to attend, and click "Attend this Event." Events for most meets will be chosen by your swimmer's coach. All you need to do is make sure to sign up online.
How do I sign up for a volunteer job at a meet?
Click on the Events tab, highlight the meet you are signing up for, and click "Sign up for job."
What do I do when I get there?
1. If the meet is positive check in, go to that area immediately.
2. Second, find your team area and set up whatever chairs, blankets or comforts you have.
3. Check in with your coach (particularly for a negative check in meet).
4. Prepare for warmup.
What should I take with me?
- Coach phone number (435-669-6093 to text Coach Dani)
- TEAM cap(s) & goggles (take a spare just in case!)
- Water and/or gatorade
- Two towels (one to dry off with, one to wrap around you)
- Warm clothing for winter meets
- T-shirt and sunscreen for summer, outdoor meets
- HEALTHY, appropriate snacks (crackers, veggies, bagels, granola bars, PB&J, nuts, choco milk, etc.)
- LEAVE the candy, greasy, salty and heavy foods at home. Coach will confiscate unhealthy snacks!
- Stuff to do (be careful of iPods and other expensive equipment)(cards, art/craft, friendship bracelets, books)
Most venues offer some sort of concessions. You may want to take money to purchase snacks. However, these concessions are NOT always good choices for athletes! Make sure to stay away from sugary, greasy, acidic or salty foods. They can make you feel tired and can interfere with your performance!