PAC SWIM TEAM INFORMATION 2021-2022 FOR RETURNING SWIMMERS
Welcome Back to Panther Aquatic Club Short Course Swim Season!
This is the PAC Registration One-Sheet for returning swim families. It contains most information needed register a returning swimmer with our team. Interested new swimmers should look at the New Swimmer Info under the Team Info tab.
PAC Short Course training will take place at Pomperaug High School. Registration information and an explanation of practice squads follows. The season will run from the end of September until mid-February. Swimmers earning time standards making them eligible for late-season championships will have the opportunity to practice until late February or early March.
- Returning swimmers must pre-register via the PAC website (www.pacswimming.com) by August 28.
- Go to the PAC website; DO NOT LOG IN.
- Click START REGISTRATION in the leftmost column and proceed as directed.
- You will be required to complete all necessary fields and sign the MAAP and Parent’s Code agreements.
- You will be required to pay two fees which must be paid online with a credit card.
- USA/CT Swimming Fees for the 2021-2022 season in the amount of $78.
- PAC membership fee of $25 to help defray the cost of pool/training equipment and other expenses.
Once your pre-registration is processed by the team, you will receive an email notifying you of your swimmer’s practice group for the season. You will need this in order to complete STEP 2 of your registration.
Based on your child’s commitment to practice, the coaches may speak with them and with you about moving them to a different practice group. All swimmers are expected to attend 80% of practices.
- Returning swimmers must complete the team registration by paying all Coaching fees to Southbury Parks & Recreation. Registration will be open September 1st to September 19th
- Go to https://southbury.recdesk.com/Community/Home.
- Sign in to your account.
- Search PAC to find your swimmer’s practice group and complete the registration.
STEPS 1 & 2 must be completed by September 19th. Failure to complete registration by 9/19/2021 could result in your swimmer forfeiting their spot on the team.
PRACTICE SQUADS AND FEES:
All practice times are subject to change. We expect a slight change in practice times at the beginning of December due to the start of the Boys varsity season at PHS.
- The Senior Squad is comprised of pre-high school swimmers who want to continue to work on stroke mechanics and increase their endurance, speed, and strength in the water. This group will train at high intensity five days a week. There may be optional weekend practice sessions available.
- Senior Squad swimmers will be expected to attend as many practices as possible.
- Senior Squad swimmers are required to compete in meets, including championships at the end of the season.
- Practice begins 9/27/2021 and runs until 2/27/2022 for swimmers competing at Regional Championships. The season will end 2/17/2022 for swimmers NOT competing at Championships.
- SENIOR will practice 5x/week.
PANTHER RED SQUAD (formerly Competition)
- The Panther Red Squad is for swimmers ages 9-12 who are working on proficiency in all strokes, but are not yet ready for the high demands of the Senior squad. This squad will train 4 days a week, working on specifics stroke mechanics, starts, turns, and increasing endurance in the pool.
- Competition Squad swimmers should attend as many practices as possible to benefit from instruction and conditioning.
- It is strongly suggested that Competition Squad compete in meets.
- Practice begins 9/272021 and runs until 2/27/2022 for swimmers competing at Regional Championships. The season will end 2/17/2022 for swimmers NOT competing at Championships.
- PANTHER RED will practice 4x/week.
- The 8/Under Squad is designed for our younger athletes who love the sport of swimming and train to improve. This squad will train three times a week. Continued emphasis on stroke development in all four strokes, streamline, starts and turns.
- 8/Under Squad swimmers should attend as many practices as possible to benefit from instruction and conditioning
- 8/Under swimmers are encouraged to compete in meets.
- Practice begins 9/27/2022 and runs until 2/12/2022. There will be an 8 & Under Championship meet at the end of the season.
- 8/UNDER will practice 3x/week.
PANTHER GREY SQUAD
- The Panther Grey Squad is designed for 9 to 12 year old swimmers to work on proficiency in all strokes, build endurance, and most importantly HAVE FUN! Practices will focus on skills and technique and will train twice a week.
- Panther GREY Squad swimmers are expected to attend as many practices as possible.
- This squad will not compete.
- Practice begins Saturday October 9th and run until Saturday February 12, 2022.
- PANTHER GREY will practice 3x/week.
- The Cub Squad is designed for 6 & 7 year olds who can swim 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke. They will train twice a week for 30-45 minutes.
- This squad will not compete.
- Practice begins the week of 9/27/2021 and run until the week of February 7, 2022.
- CUBS will practice 2x/week.
***Any swimmer qualifying for and attending Age Group or Senior Championships will be assessed a fee of $50 to cover the additional training time until the meet. The fee will be posted to your PAC account. This does not cover meet fees.
COMPETING IN MEETS
Member families will be notified when meets are available for sign up. Please be prompt in committing your child to meets as they fill up very quickly and we must send entries very early to hold space in the meet for our team.
You will receive email notification that meets are available and details will be found under the MEETS/EVENTS tab on the team website. All meet entries require a meet entry fee of $8-$12 per individual event entered. Meet fees will be charged to your member accounts once the team entry is submitted to the host team. Late scratches will still require payment of meet fees.
ALL FAMILIES ARE EXPECTED TO TIME AT MEETS DURING THE SEASON.
UNIFORM: Swimmers must wear the team suit and cap at meets. Our team suit fitting is Saturday SEPTEMBER 11th from 9:30am to 11:30am. You will have an opportunity to purchase our new team suit as well as any training equipment needed for your squad. Returning swimmers who know their swimmer’s suit and fin size are encouraged to use the team portal to order. Portal orders will be shipped directly to member families.
PRACTICE: The monthly practice calendar will be posted on the team website. Any changes to this calendar will be emailed and will be noted above the calendar on the website. Check the team website for the full practice schedule including times and days.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING: Mandatory Parent Meeting 7:00pm THURSDAY 9/23/2021 @ Southbury Parks & Recreation. A parent of all Senior, Panther, and 8/Under parents should plan to attend.
WEBSITE: www.pacswimming.com contains everything you will need to know about the team, meets we will attend, practice information, etc.
MAAPP: USA Swimming is committed to keeping all minor athletes safe. All families will sign the Minor Athlete Abuse Protection Policy during online registration.
CODES OF CONDUCT: We expect all members of our team to show good sportsmanship at all times. Good sportsmanship is required of, and is expected to be shown to, every member of the team, including swimmers, coaches, volunteers and parents. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward poor sportsmanship and any breaches of the codes of conduct will result in discussion and possible disciplinary action.
FINANCIAL POLICIES: Payment for membership on the team is for the totality of the season. Once a swimmer’s registration is processed for the upcoming season and practice begins, there will be no prorating of fees or refunds for failure to practice, unless a valid doctor’s note for a long term illness or injury is presented. In this case, fees will be prorated by month for the remainder of the season. A $25 cancellation processing fee will be applied.
PAYMENTS SHOUD BE MADE BY CREDIT CARD
- All member families are encouraged to link a credit card to their account. We do not have access to this number once it is stored; we are only able to post charges to the card.
- In order to participate in meets, a credit card must be on file. The credit card on file will be charged for meet fees on the day meet fees are posted to the account.
Any outstanding fees must be paid before a swimmer may be re-registered for the upcoming season.