Lakeside Aquatic Club's Developmental Program prepares swimmers to be both water safe and swim team ready.
Lesson Program Overview
- We will assess your swimmer on the first day of class, then sort swimmers by ability.
- Parent and Baby classes cover 6 mo-3 years. Swim diaper required.
- The Preschool program is for swimmers ages 3-5.
- The Youth program, generally, covers ages 6-12. Check your site for exact ages.
- We also offer Teen & Adult classes for ages 13 and over.
- Lakeside Aquatic Club provides a small teacher to swimmer ratio (typically a maximum of 5 per teacher). Check out the COVID tab for adjustments.
Path to Stroke Team Overview
Once your swimmer has completed all 10 levels in our lesson program, they will be invited to our stroke team. Swimmers are placed in the appropriate stroke team based on age and skill. Red team is the first level and Black team is the second level. Schedules for these groups can be found at swimlac.org. Age restrictions vary per site.
Path to Club Overview
Once a swimmer has completed all the skills and passed all the test sets for Black 1 or Black 2, they will be invited to one of our club teams based on age and skill. If your swimmer is starting in the lesson program at 11 or 12, the path to club is more difficult. If you have an older swimmer and your goal is to join the club eventually, email Sarah to get more information. The Lewisville site has more age restrictions at the beginning levels, due to limited space.
Click Here to learn more about our "Parent & Baby" programs.
Click Here to learn more about our "Preschool, Children, and Youth" programs.
Click Here to view our LAC Program Structure.
BackBack Kicking B kicking Back kicking Back kicking Front kicking