FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When I go to the enrollment page and try to enroll my child, there is not a GROUP LESSONS bar to click on. What should I do?
- If the bar labeled GROUP LESSONS does not appear, this means the session you are trying to enroll for is currently closed. If you are late signing up for a current session, email Coach Howard Hunte, firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there is an opening in the class of your choice.
2. When do I pay?
- When you go through the enrollment process, you will pay online using a credit or debit card. Check and cash payments are not accepted unless prior arrangements are made.
3. How do I know what level to place my child in?
- If you are unsure about what level to enroll your child in, you can schedule an evaluation with Coach Howard. To schedule an evaluation, email Coach Howard Hunte email@example.com Evaluations are set by appointment.
4. The level my child is in is too hard/easy. Can they move up/down?
- Yes. Please talk with your teacher. PLEASE NOTE: it is ultimately the teacher's decision to approve a child to move up/down a level. Please contact Coach Howard Hunte http://firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
5. What happens if I choose a level for my child, but it was the wrong level and the class is too hard/easy?
- We want your swimmer to succeed! We will work with you to find the right level for your swimmer.
6. What does my child need for lessons?
- Your swimmer will need a suit and towel. Goggles are optional for all levels, but recommended for levels 3-5. Caps are also optional.
7. Where can I find a TSA cap?
- TSA caps are for sale for $5.00. Contact Coach Howard Hunte to purchase one!
8. Where do I find Speedo swimming suits, caps, goggles, etc?
- Unfortunately there is not a year round vendor with swim supplies. TSA uses The Starting Block as our team outfitter. They come to the natatorium twice a year during practices and are at all of our home hosted swim meets. An e-mail will be sent out each time they are here. www.swimoutlet.com is also a great site for swim gear. Depending on the season, you can find items at Kohl's, Walmart, Target and Dick's Sporting Goods.
9. What does my child need for an evaluation?
- Just a swim suit! Caps/goggles are optional.
10. Can my daughter wear a 2 piece suit?
- Your child can wear a suit of your choice. As they progress in the levels, we recommend a full piece racing suit (like Speedo).
11. We can't make lessons one night. Can we make up with another class on a different night?
- No. We do not allow any make ups for any reason if you are unable to attend a class. If we have to cancel a class for any reason, we do our best to offer a make up class. Please see our "Cancelation Policy".
12. How many kids are in each class? What is the student:teacher ratio?
- Each class is capped between 4-8 depending on level/skill. Occasionally we allow a student to move up or down in a class so the numbers could change depending on each session. Each class has 1-2 teachers depending on the size of the class.
13. Private lessons?
- All private lessons are scheduled and priced by Instructor. However, privates must be during TSA pool times, Swimmer must be currently enrolled in session and lesson(s) completed by the end of the current session of enrollment. Private lessons don't replace or substitute group lesson(s) but are strictly extra time with an Instructor. Payment and schedule must be made in advanced and subject to administration approval for date/time. If you have questions about private lesson please email coach Howard Hunte http://email@example.com.